Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
36,801 Posts
Got them on mine after the Pirelli Nero Zero things were noisy and the fronts are wearing relatively quickly and there appear to cracks in the tread grooves on the corner of the sidewalls. What about you?

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
Not had the TT's, but when I got my car it had the later RT version.

I wasn't that impressed. They were hard riding, didn't grip all that well in the wet and they developed cracks between the treads which meant they needed to be replaced before they were worn out.

The tyres were less than 2 years old according to the date stamp on the side.

Personally I wouldn't buy Dunlops again, I like Goodyear and Michelin.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got them on mine after the Pirelli Nero Zero things were noisy and the fronts are wearing relatively quickly and there appear to cracks in the tread grooves on the corner of the sidewalls. What about you?
Looked at them today and noticed no tread on two of the bands on 3 tyres the forth was replaced after 2k due to a puncture!.... That has tread all over!!..... The wear is even on all tyres! Is it a characteristic of the tyres?

·
Registered
562 Posts
I had them fitted from new and although they were good tyres I did get through the fronts after around 10,000 which was a bit disappointing as I didn't drive it hard. Just done 9,500 miles on the Kuga and the tyres look new.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Had dunlop sport max' on my G, they were terrible, the side wall doesnt seem all that sturdy and cornering felt horrible plus the wear was very quick. After fitting Eagle F1s the cars handling was transformed.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Different wheel sizes might vary but on my Cloverleaf with my 18's

- Dunlop Sportmaxx TT's lasted around 16,000 miles.
- Dunlop Sportmaxx RT's also lasted 16,000 miles.

I have recently had Continental ContiSport Contact 5's fitted (done about 1,000 miles so far). I fitted them as they won the 2015 evo tyre test (Best tyres: evo Tyre Test 2015 | Evo), which was done on a Golf GTI with identical tyre dimensions (225/40 R18) and I do not have any complaints so far, they are noticeable grippier, maybe a tiny bit louder though.

·
Registered
38,687 Posts
I am very impressed with my Eagle F1 Assymetric 2's.

Not too loud, the car grips well and is surprisingly quite a bit more comfortable at lower speeds compared to the Previous Michelin PS-3

I would have gone with the Assymetric 3 but at the time I bought the first two tyres for the back they hadn't come out and I wanted a matched set.

I have done 2000 miles so far and I cannot see any evidence of wear, but my G does seem to give tyres an easy life.

It would be interesting to see how the Continentals compare in terms of wear. Some reviews seem to suggest the Contis wear relatively quickly.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts