Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it worth putting a dump valve on my 2.0l ti ?
What are the benifits or pit falls
Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
dump valves are of no benefit, unless your running big bhp.
they are purely for sound purposes only unless your engine is highly modified. if your after more bhp get a remap with anti-lag, this will keep the turbo spinning whereas it would normally stall, their can be issues to just fitting a d/v willy nilly:)

B

·
0 Posts
:lol: I'd spend the money on underfloor neons and a "Ripspeed" sunstrip instead..........

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok point taken dump valve bad......so what can I do instead.......already done the k n induction kit and exhaust and adjustable shocks....so whats next? dont want to spend silly money....lol
Many thanks

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Depends on what you want? Do you track the car, are you after better looks, do you just want to tinker? Very different answers to these questions.

ok point taken dump valve bad......so what can I do instead.......already done the k n induction kit and exhaust and adjustable shocks....so whats next? dont want to spend silly money....lol
Many thanks

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Surely the 146 isn't turbo'd?

FYI, a dump valve replaces the standard recirculating valve on a turbocharged car, supposedly so that pressure on the turbo is released between gear changes, instead of being recirulated. Releasing the pressure alledgedly extends the life of your turbo, and reduces turbo lag.

Also frightens pedestrians.

Had a dump valve on my smart, I took it off as it coated the engine bay with a thin layer of oil!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts