Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive recently started modifying my car and would like to purchase a dump valve or blow off valve.
Was wondering which brand is the best to buy for the guilietta

also wanna get a new exhaust, in doing this will I have to change the bumper of my car?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Have a look at GFB. They do a Diverter-Valve for the Giulietta which was tested by a few folk on here years ago. I believe it was highly recommended.

Dont get a dump valve, they are old school and dont really work well with new engines.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was thinking of putting BOV on my GQV as well and from what i've learnt the stock BOV is probably the best for your car.
I have GFB DV+ on my turbo and it works quite well, no major difference but there is a small improvement.
DV+ Is not a sound modification though, If you're looking for some turbo sounds you should go for induction kit (GSR makes a nice one)

·
Registered
138 Posts
What engine is it, on some ( multiairs ) the original dumpvalve is electronic and built into the turbo. You can't remove it because it throws errors, and you can't fit a traditional one because there's no vacuum in the inlet. For those models you can get a spacer for the original valve so the air vents to atmosphere with a whoosh.

An induction kit will realease more of the turbo whooshes, whistles and flutters.

Neither will do much at all for performance but can make them more fun to drive purely because of the noises they make.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've got GfB dv+ valve on my gqv..it holds some boost which reduces power lag when accelerating.i think it is a great mod tbh..lots of steady power through shifting.

·
Registered
975 Posts
I've got GfB dv+ valve on my multiair and the same experience as Burnout.
The build quality of the GfB dv+ is top!

·
Registered
975 Posts
I know the thread, but couldn't find a specific multiair turbo part...
The GfB dv+ is the only one I know to fit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts