Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First time poster here so be gentle please.

So I've just ordered a new double din car stereo to fit in my car. In the stereo you can assign your steering wheel controls however you want. For example you can make the "+ volume" change track instead. I do not have the blue and me system so some of the buttons on my steering wheel are not functional. My questions though is, are the buttons even connected? Becasue if they are I'm guessing my new stereo will see them and let me configure them?

Anyone here who knows?

Sorry if it's a bit confusing but english is not my first language.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea. But someone will. You've not said which HU you've ordered. Does it have a built-in CANBus interface?
I’ve ordered the Sony XAV AX-100, and the appropriate cable adapters to keep the functions of the steering wheel controls. Art nr 701CTSAR0022, don’t have a product name on it though.

If no one knows I will update this post when I’ve installed and tested it myself.:thumbup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
you can program the steering wheel controls through the headunit. I dont have blue and me though, so dont know anything about that

·
Registered
101 Posts
you can program the steering wheel controls through the headunit. I dont have blue and me though, so dont know anything about that
With mine I could only programme 6 SW button operations through the head unit, although you could choose any button I was only able to programme VOL +, VOL -, Mute, Track FWD, Track Back and home. Having said that, I haven't got blue and me and it is an Android head unit so it may differ.

·
Registered
569 Posts
With mine I could only programme 6 SW button operations through the head unit, although you could choose any button I was only able to programme VOL +, VOL -, Mute, Track FWD, Track Back and home. Having said that, I haven't got blue and me and it is an Android head unit so it may differ.
i think there's either 8 or 10 options in sony. I've only just done them and forgotten already!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
In that case it will probably be the same for Me!. Guess they didnt wire the two dummy buttons all the way then..

Btw, which button is the home button?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Have alcohol on hand.

The sony cage is too large for the opening. And the cage with the 159 fitting kit doesnt hold the stereo
Haha welp :sleep: The guy i spoke to when I ordered said they would fit perfect.. Luckily i have the car in storage for the winter so got a few months to figure it out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update:
I can configure the two dummy buttons (voice and phone). They work perfect. However... If i configure those two i can only configure one more button.. so i cant keep all the other swc-functions. This might be a problem with the HU or steering wheel interface though I cant say for sure..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts