Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of hours ago i wen't to the bank to make a deposit, took the 155 v6 with me.

Half a block before the bank i parked my car (residential area, legal parking) and once i was parked i got a phone call from a friend. Answered the call and had the engine running (using aircon).

When I hung up i had a police officer on my window, told me that my car was to noisy and not compliant with current noise regulations (my car is not that noisy, actually there was a louder one at the corner). I "explained to him" that this was an italian car, that they made noise from brand new, and that my car had been inspected several times and always passed.

After this, the policeman makes the ticket, didn't say anything at all. Not a complaint, got inside the bank, did my business, got out and once in the car inspected the ticket to find the following:

Brand: Ferrari :cheese:
Model: 155 v6
Year: 1999
Name wrongly spelled, how hard is to spell Christian? Last name wrong too.
No ID number, wtf??? He had my licence and car registration card on his hands while writing the ticket!

So even though the ticket is not valid by law, I will have to go to the judge and explain all of this, wasting time and money, since this takes at least an hour drive and another hour waiting in line, a whole morning of my time wasted.

I know people here are ignorant, but these guy gets the gold prize! Just think that this ****** is in charge of protecting people.

Thought that going to NYU (usa) this year was going to be crap, now I don't know what's worse.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Ferrari :eek::lol::cool::thumbs:

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As always they look for a bribe. They do the wrong name or bad spelling act so that you still have to go to court and lose your time. This is so common that the judge itself told it to me when i went to void the fine.

Might lose time but not my integrity, rather get my car impounded than paying them.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
As always they look for a bribe. They do the wrong name or bad spelling act so that you still have to go to court and lose your time. This is so common that the judge itself told it to me when i went to void the fine.

Might lose time but not my integrity, rather get my car impounded than paying them.
Nifty B*ggers. I almost got done for trying to "bribe" a USA officer in Virginia. I had overlooked the 'tax tag' on my car and got pulled over in my AMC Pacer by a "Keep your hands on the the steering wheel" type. It was my first time and I was shocked and laughing at the same time which didn't make things better for my Starsky and Hutch crew outside. He then screamed "Shut your window" and promptly came up and knocked on it for me to roll it down again (more laughter), took a step back and pointed his gun at me :wow:
I tried to explain my foreign licence (No have time to pass US one yet) and having forgotten to get a new tax sticker etc, then got my wallet out for more papers to explain and several dollar bills fell to the ground (I was very nervous and shaky never having had guns pointed at me).
A looooong argument and finally phoned a friend to come and drive me home. Lucky.
I suppose he thought that 3 dollars wasn't enough and that I was honest in the end!
Fact that ALL americans have a scottish great grandfather or some kind of link to Scotland helped I think - I let him talk about it for quite a while:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts