Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BEWARE if anybody thinks about going for that exhaust that is advertised in Auto Italia in the ads as a 155 1.8ts 16v exhaust from behind cat back in very good condition and for £75 from Nick in Daventry then forget it.
I have been there tonight and the thing is worse than mine ,the rear box has very decrasing seems.
Jason you had luck on your side ,that yours is a flanged one where as i went for it as it was sleeved.
Never mine if i wouldn'thave gone i couldn't have warned you all.
But the upside from the night was going from Coventry to Daventry and then to Carl155 at Sutton Coldfield Birmingham to pick up my new rear pads and a chat.
Thanks again Carl.

Cheers all

Ted

C

·
0 Posts
Cheers Ted.
Did you manage to find out what the make of your rear spoiler is ????
Looks Superb....

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes but the hand brake seems abit loose.
How do i tension it up.
On the Alfaowner shop they call my spoiler the sport pack look does any body know who makes it (its the one that goes the hole width and length of the boot and sits about 2.5/3 inch tall)

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Nordic did you adjust the rear calipers????????

There was a thread on how to not so long ago but cant find it think Wrinx started when he did his rear brakes

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i wound in the piston to put in new pads and made sure that the piston sat in the same direction as to when i started,it just seems that the handbarke is up futher which i would not of thought.

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
What you need to do is wind the pistons right in then screw them out a bit at a time so that they are a snug fit over the pads

This will adjust your handbrake up nice

Theres a more detailed explanation somewhere but i cant find it

C

·
0 Posts
I'm sure there was an easier way but the way I adjusted the rear brakes was this:

Disconnect the handbrake cables from the calipers. Pull the lever on the caliper that is normally pulled by the handbrake cable and then return it as far as it will go. Repeat several times. This pushes the piston out.
Reconnect the cables.

When the handbrake cable is connected the lever does not go all the way back and the piston returns to where it was before. Disconnecting the cables stops this and the pistons do not return to their previous position but move further out with each movement of the lever.

·
Registered
389 Posts
[winding back to first post in this thread]

Ted

Phew! I got out of that one luckily! Sorry to hear it was a waste of time and petrol.

belated Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts