Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Would anyone know whether it's cheaper to import a Duetto into Holland rather than the UK?

If so, approximately how much would the total import be? (duty / Dutch port fees etc)

If not, approximately what would be the UK import duty + + port fees be as well as the import procedure?

What US documents will I need? (I'm buying the car (running) off a dealer who will transport it to the US port)

Is the import duty worked out on the price or the year?

Best UK port? (I live in Gloucestershire)

Any advice would be most welcomed & appreciated!

Many thanks.

email: [email protected]

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
20 years since I imported my Spider from the US, so not exactly the most up-to-date info.....

I shipped on a Ro-Ro service from New Jersey into Liverpool - not sure if they ship to Bristol, which would obviously be closer for you.... Customs make their own mind up about the value for import duty - don't necessarily accept your invoice price. Registering the car just required the US title documents and the certificate showing import duty and VAT paid....and of course MOT and insurance to tax it.

No idea what the situation would be shipping into a Dutch port, but unless you have a Dutch address I can see that there might be difficulties registering it there....and of course you have the cost of getting the car back across the channel.

Good luck with it, anyway.....:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts