Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
no fan of lpg (especially in the alfa spare wheel well....hopefully it doesn't rust thru and fall out on the street;))

but it would be nice to drive one of these twin carb 1600 S4s and see what it is like compared to the 2.0 injection S4.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had my Primera converted to LPG a few years ago and found that unless you are doing distance work you'll never get pay back and against a good diesel it isnt worth it - hadn't spotted this was running on carbs, that means its a really old hit or miss system and I wouldn't touch with a barge pole, range on LPG will be terrible as the tank is tiny, were the carbs fitted to the S4 ever?

·
Registered
4,054 Posts
were the carbs fitted to the S4 ever?
yes, but only with the 1600 cc version of the S4, sold in Italy, Portugal, Spain (maybe some other euro countries). They offered the 1600 version (along with the 2.0ltr) for those who wanted to keep under the high car tax system levied on engine cc.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, but only with the 1600 cc version of the S4, sold in Italy, Portugal, Spain (maybe some other euro countries). They offered the 1600 version (along with the 2.0ltr) for those who wanted to keep under the high car tax system levied on engine cc.
Ah right - live and learn, thanks Dom

·
Registered
234 Posts
Lpg

We have run a 3.0 litre audi A4 petrol on LPG for 5 years with no issues. Less than £25 for a fill up that takes you about 250 miles, we saw 49p a litre last week. It's a bit slower on gas, still sounds nice but you really notice the difference is when you fill up another car with petrol, especially super! Getting a pre converted gas guzzler is a great way into V8 ownership.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts