Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Errrrr it's from the TV program Turbo on M6.

It's French.

Did you expect impartiality?

Why do you think they are still making cars in France?

They are talked up so that people go out and buy them.

10 years ago they weren't even allowed to perform head-to-head
tests because the French car makers were worried people would
work out that there were better cars out there.

;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
The French favouring their cars is much more acceptable more than half of Europe favouring German cars.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't understand French, but one thing I got from it was the G looks more feminine and the DS4 more masculine, which I'd agree with.

I would also agree that if I was in the market to buy a G, I would also be considering the DS4, so I would put them in direct competition with each other.

The leather clad dash made the interior of the DS4 stand out more IMHO (however the black seats didn't help for the G).

What I don't understand is why the G got one star and the DS4 2 stars at the end when they had just stated the G has a greater top speed, more torque and is faster (by over a second) to 62mph?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I think the DS4 looks fantastic*, particularly the interior, which is as 'funky' as the Giulietta's is classy.

They're roughly in the same class (although not price class) so I can see why they're being compared.

* Except, perhaps, in that dreadful colour...

·
Registered
337 Posts
I test drove the DS4 and it was ok, although the ride/handling was awful and their were some really stupid flaws, oh and that lovely leather dash is only for the left hand drive market :(, I would choose the DS4 over a golf any day, definitly not a giulietta though!

N

·
0 Posts
En plus they asked a bunch of arts student.

French art students.

:rolleyes:

The C4 DS4 won due to it being more "polyvalent"
e.g. multi-purpose. Whatever that was supposed to mean.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
I would have considered the DS4 if was not the "crossover" or whatever it was supposed to be. That put me off completely. I'll go for C5 Tourer someday - I want to have at least one Citroen in my life and C6 is a bit impractical, although very classy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts