Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a spin in a work colleague's Astra OPC!

Its FLIPPEN FAST!! That car has a massive amount of grunt! And the seats are fantastic!

Id happily take one.. Probably above a GQV TCT SC :depressed:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
OPC's biggest drawback is...clutch and gearbox. maningy reported stories of guys getting 2 sometimes 3 clutches under 20000km!!!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If its under warranty who cares Lance?

This guy used to have a Corsa OPC. 2 weeks ago we had a few TLGP's. Abarth vs his Corsa OPC. Abarth blew him away. He asked today if I want to redo the TLGP's :cheese:

I said yes, if I can bring the 4C :cheese:

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
That's why I have a soft spot for the OPC. Very nice looking car. But I can't get around the plastics used inside. It looks good but feels cheap. Like Chinese products of 20 years ago...
Pic 1: http://1hqwallpaper.mobi/wp-content/uploads/opel-astra-gtc-opc-interior-photos-11.jpg
Pic 2 (more classy): http://1hqwallpaper.mobi/wp-content/uploads/opel-astra-gtc-opc-interior-photos-3.jpg

Even the "more classy" piano-like plastic feels cheap and will scratch badly. And the light around the gear lever is a bit weird! But the performance is stunning and the looks are spot on.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
There is a tuned OPC here, the new ones...it sounds insane...agreed, best looking hatch, then GQV, then Meg RS.

lol Riaan...the Abarth is ******* quick!

·
Registered
454 Posts
OPC is nice.

I still prefer the previous models though.

those seats though, hugs all the soft spots

Reactions: Ian Lusso

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
I was just comparing - according to the stats on Opel SA website, the OPC gets 206kW and 400NM from its 2 litre turbo engine, taking it from 0 to 100 in 6 seconds.

Comparing that to the GTA rated at 184kW and 300NM from a 3.2 NA motor giving 6,3 seconds 0 to 100.

With a similar weight, 12% more power and 33% more torque, I'd expect the OPC to do better than 0,3 of a second faster than a GTA.

·
Registered
454 Posts
you feeling okay today?

·
Registered
204 Posts
With a similar weight, 12% more power and 33% more torque, I'd expect the OPC to do better than 0,3 of a second faster than a GTA.
People forget how good front wheel Alfas are at putting power on the road. Specifically the Busso engined ones. The GTVs punched way above their weight in terms of kw vs. performance and I suspect that the 156 and 147 GTA is the same. I know when the 147 GTA was launched, it was claimed faster to 50km/h than the Boxter S at the time.

I do however suspect that here on the reef, the OPC will really show its performance when accelerating from 80km/h and higher.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
I was just comparing - according to the stats on Opel SA website, the OPC gets 206kW and 400NM from its 2 litre turbo engine, taking it from 0 to 100 in 6 seconds.

Comparing that to the GTA rated at 184kW and 300NM from a 3.2 NA motor giving 6,3 seconds 0 to 100.

GQV tct 0-100 in 6 seconds. 177kW and 360Nm.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts

GTA will do well at the coast. Up here on the higveld the turbo cars like OPC still get their 6 second figures where the NA times will drop. But I get what you are saying times vs power figures comparison.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
I would like to see official GQV-TCT-SC times. It should be even better.
Pieter(Mr Squadra Course himsel:thumbup:) will have news for you on that!

What I like about Pieter is...he is not scared to put that SC on the line, I don't know if I'm supposed to divulge, but I'll say that he will have some interesting news for us shortly...concerning the GQV TcT SC.

If there is ANYONE who wants to buy an SC...speak to Pieter at Helderberg Alfa...he's sold 4 already and has 2 on the way...I think he put an order in this week for another one.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts

the key is in the torque curve on the 3.2. its almost flat from 2000rpm to the redline, hardly deviates from max torque througout the rev range.

People forget how good front wheel Alfas are at putting power on the road. Specifically the Busso engined ones.
agreed. the busso magic is the buttery smooth power delivery (aside from the noise and and and), as clarkson would say, its like rubbing syrup into Keira Knightley.

GTA will do well at the coast. Up here on the higveld the turbo cars like OPC still get their 6 second figures where the NA times will drop.
indeed. if i lived on the highveld i'd have to have a boosted car.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
156 GTA Sportwagon is respected 'round my streets...

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
How much is a "stage 2" OPC (previous generation) faster than a stock OPC? Because a stock OPC is a joke. One day I was driving briskly through traffic and an OPC thought it would be funny to show me something that he thought was funny and he came up behind me so quickly that I didn't see him and as I checked my left mirror to dip into the left lane and pass the car ahead of me (who was refusing to give way from the right lane), I saw him coming out and I let him pass me. He passed me and the car ahead and was still boosting and changing gears angrily when I came out from behind the slow car and overtook them both like it was nothing. 100km/h to 220 in a few seconds, and I will never forget the disbelief on the face of the ST driver as I passed! :cheese: It was very similar to the faces on the WRX-STi drivers faces when they get a whipping! :devious:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts