Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys

bought a 1.3 mito this week to add to 159.

installed xenon, all ok, then was trying some t20 leds to the drl and noticed they wont fit very well. tried some positions, etc, and i gave up.

after fitting the oem drls, they only light up if i turn on the main beans. they arent acting like drls anymore, and i have the error on the dash.

any tip? is there any fuse that controls only the drl function? maybe i pulled some wire...

this started happening after i removed the drl near the battery, wich i had to pul the wires a litle because they were stuck.

thanks

·
Registered
344 Posts
It sounds like the drl filament is connecting with the sidelight contacts rather than the drl ones. The Mito uses a combined DRL/sidelight bulb (580 W21/5W) which has two filaments and so two sets of contacts - one for sidelights, one for drl. Normally the sidelight filaments light up when the main beam is on, the DRL filaments will turn off when the main beam is on. I don't know if it's possible to fit the bulbs reversed (and if that would cause the wrong set of contacts to connect), but it's worth checking!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cant get them to work as drl. Switched lâmps, etc, nothing.

Is There any fuse on dash box original battery box exclusevly to the drls?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Ah - I've realised you're probably just seeing the sidelights light up when you turn on the main beam (they're only 5w so much dimmer than the DRL filament). Have you used a continuity tester to check that the DRL filaments are ok in the OEM bulbs?

The DRL can be turned on and off through a menu, but I presume they used to be on and you've not switched them off, and if you're seeing an error on the dashboard related to the DRL I guess something's up with the bulbs or connections or circuit.

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
As Skaffen says, if the 21W filament has blown in both bulbs then they'll only light
up when the 5W filaments are powered. (i.e. When you switch the lights on.)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes. Im seeing the error on the dashboard. I didnt check the filamemts of the OEM bulbs with any device, but i noticed two of the for, are not broken, but seem to BE burnt. The other two filaments, the two that light up on main beams are on seems ok

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Strange thing is i tried a led on One SIDE with the OEM on the other, several Times, tested with both OEMs and both LED's started to flicker. Maybe This burned the filaments used in the lamp for drls

·
Registered
9,313 Posts
If they flicker they are duff. Where did you get them? Don't sound great quality?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didnt get them. I Was trying them with a local suplier. They didnt work, i didnt buy them. Altough, after that, the Toshiba OEM drls dont act as drl anymore.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts