Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2010 Giulietta and was wondering if there is a software upgrade that dims the DRL on the side when you indicate a turn? Like Audis etc do?

·
Registered
33,202 Posts
The proximity of the two functions on the Audi would legally require a stronger indicator bulb if the drl did not fade when it flashed. I'm not aware the Giulietta has the same issue.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply can you please explain that because I noticed even new land rovers do the same thing and their lamps are miles away from each other?

·
Registered
33,202 Posts
The functions need to be less than 100mm apart, indicator to position or drl lamp , or the next indicator bulb lumen level is required. It's only logical . Think of the mk5 Golf layout which was dodgy . But if its all led its easy to achieve .

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may be misunderstanding what you have said but I don't understand why the closer the functions are together makes it less desirable? Did you mean more than 100mm apart?

·
Registered
33,202 Posts
I may be misunderstanding what you have said but I don't understand why the closer the functions are together makes it less desirable? Did you mean more than 100mm apart?
I did mean if there's another function within 100 mm it compromises the visibility of the indicator. The A5 indicator is just above the drl.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the explanation. On another note this is the first car I've had with DRL's and I find people pull out in front of me more often than ever before. Do you think this could explain increased motorcycle accidents since they also have had DRL's for a number of years now? I do know how to switch off the DRL's in the cars menu but wondered why I have the option if its a new EU requirement?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts