Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
* puts on saintly clothing, halo polished..*

I know it's satisfying to wind up some p***k who has been driving in an inconsiderate or maybe dangerous way putting you or yours at greater risk

BUT

do you not think that by increasing the other driver's state of rage or whatever, after they have gone away at a rate of knots, you have then put other road users at more risk just to your satisfy yourself?

I'd never done or would do anything of the sort, naturally. ;)

·
Registered
5,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So why were you doing an unsafe speed before?
Ha, no but not much damage would be done to a car at 25 MPH:lol:

Was always taught if someone was following you too close you should increase the distance between yourself and the car in front of you. This gives you better warning of anything happening.

My evil side just wanted to see him squirrm:lol:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Had a blond with Victoria Beckham sunglasses behind me this morning in a red Hyundai jump a red light as I went through at amber (safely of course). Anyway next set of traffic lights go amber when I'm 40 yards away so I of course stop safely. You should have seen her car squirming when she slammed on the anchors as she'd decided she was going to jump this one as well and had speeded up to try get through. Best bit is she started shaking her head and swearing at me for stopping at a red light, silly cow.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
I've also used the point and laugh technique. However, even greater effect can be sought by the kiss and blow technique :inlove: , followed up with a wink and then raucous laughter to one's self :cheese: . Seems white van man, RS6 man and lowered/blinged Saxo/Clio/Nova :mad: man particularly dislikes this technique - Happy Days :lol: :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I've also used the point and laugh technique. However, even greater effect can be sought by the kiss and blow technique :inlove: , followed up with a wink and then raucous laughter to one's self :cheese: . Seems white van man, RS6 man and lowered/blinged Saxo/Clio/Nova :mad: man particularly dislikes this technique - Happy Days :lol: :thumbs:
I'm going to try this one out now.. Thanks for the tip :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I had some retard in an A6 cut me up beautifully this morning. In the pouring rain. He actually undertook me just to do it. Didn't even indicate into my lane. I must of been about a foot off his back bumper when I slammed the brakes. :mad:

I dropped into the middle lane, pulled along side him, put the window down and smiled at him as I took his picture with my phone and his Reg...

He slowed down all of a sudden.. :) Then went to undertake me again. I blew him a kiss and dropped a gear. :)

:)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I had some retard in an A6 cut me up beautifully this morning. In the pouring rain. He actually undertook me just to do it. Didn't even indicate into my lane. I must of been about a foot off his back bumper when I slammed the brakes. :mad:

I dropped into the middle lane, pulled along side him, put the window down and smiled at him as I took his picture with my phone and his Reg...

He slowed down all of a sudden.. :) Then went to undertake me again. I blew him a kiss and dropped a gear. :)

:)
Nice one OA.. But wouldn't taking a photo while driving be dangerous driving??? :lol:

·
Registered
43,564 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I've stopped flashing / tailgating now. I just size them up and glide on by on the inside. The weird thing is that I'd get done for this. Car's should be fitted with a standard 20mm cannon in the nose just for these people:rant::lol:
This seems to be becoming more and more common now. I put the indicator on for a bit, give one flash then undertake. I don't like doing it, but they just won't pull over. I'm lucky I have a quick car that can undertake quickly.

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
This seems to be becoming more and more common now. I put the indicator on for a bit, give one flash then undertake. I don't like doing it, but they just won't pull over. I'm lucky I have a quick car that can undertake quickly.
There's part of me that share's your sentiment - however, I for one have learnt to curb my frustration as opposed to picking up 3 points and a min of £60 fine for illegal driving :eek: . In South Africa they allow undertaking and I must admit it makes for an easier drive on Highways - provided you look over the left shoulder :rolleyes: .

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I think we should adopt the American highway system of being allowed to overtake on either side. They still have fast lanes and slow lanes as far as I know, but you can over/undertake legitimately.

Also, they can turn right at red lights, which is genius! We should definitely have that over here, except mirror it of course.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
There's part of me that share's your sentiment - however, I for one have learnt to curb my frustration as opposed to picking up 3 points and a min of £60 fine for illegal driving
If a policeman was about, I'd hope he'd pull the other chap over before I had a chance to undertake!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think we should adopt the American highway system of being allowed to overtake on either side. They still have fast lanes and slow lanes as far as I know, but you can over/undertake legitimately.

Also, they can turn right at red lights, which is genius! We should definitely have that over here, except mirror it of course.
I loved driving in the US and the turning on a red saves so much wasted time.. Only thing I didn't enjoy was driving a Pontiac sunfire (sp)... Oh no.... I love that to :p :lol:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts

Cracking idea that turning on a red :)

The other one that we should adopt is the flashing red on a X road is treat as a 4 way stop - that would really make things exiting :eek: . Perhaps not :rolleyes:

:lol:

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
If a policeman was about, I'd hope he'd pull the other chap over before I had a chance to undertake!
Wouldnt we all, but how often do we see carraiges of injustice :rolleyes:

Come the glorious day that technology can link a mobile phone number to a car reg :) . Can you imagine ringing the [email protected] in front and yelling down the phone "Will you pull over and get out of my way you complete numpty" :lol:

21 - 40 of 50 Posts