Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking my LHD Alfa 147 to the UK soon and need to adjust the headlights so that they don't blind oncoming traffic when driving on the "wrong" side of the road.

In previous days of taking my RHD Rover on the continent I just stuck tape within the marked triangle contours of the headlights themselves however my Alfa 147 (2001) doesn't have such contours and it's not clear where to stick such stickers. I've also heard for some Vauxhalls/Opels there's a switch at the back of the headlights that you can flick for driving on the other side of the road.

Is there any information on this for the Alfa such as placement marks for stickers or switches at the back of the headlights. If I don't find anything I'll probably just drive in the UK regardless? I'll be there for two weeks.

Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I took my RHD to Germany a couple of months ago. I forgot about the lights until it started getting dark somewhere past Brussels.

I pulled over in a service station and looked through the handbook. Sure enough it tells you where to stick the tape.

Luckily I had a roll of electrical tape in the arm rest. We were back on the road in minutes.

No idea if there is a switch, I didn't see anything in the manual that said so.

Cheers

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. I'll have a look in the manual. Problem is that my manual is in Italian as I bought the car off an Italian mate of mine. Nothing a bit of Google translate can't fix though... "Luci" or something! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just looked in the manual and couldn't find anything regarding driving on the other side of the road... perhaps the Italian version of the manual doesn't cover such detail for driving on the other side of the road.

Done a quick search on here are found the following two links:
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-164-and-166/129201-166-driving-abroad.html
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-155/120441-headlight-converters.html

I couldn't find the cross-hair discussed in the first thread either. I think what I'll do is as suggested and park up against a wall at night and tape off the lights until the raised beam (which dips to the right in my case) on each light can't be seen any more. I've never seen anywhere on the continent (actually France, Germany, Italy and Switzerland) that sells beam deflectors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts