Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I know my tyres (pirelli p zero neros 215 45 R17) weren't designed for snow but I think I'd have more traction with steel wheels. But they are great in the dry.

Why do people still tail gate in the snow, had some guy follow me up the watch bank in Trimdon today, he got a surpise when I started slipping back down. ****.

Does anyone else turn off the ASr in snow??

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I had one on the way to work in a 4x4 , i hoping that the 4x4 stops it fast too. So close I could only see number plate (was doing 50 on a 60 road)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
to be honest everyone was going sideways this afternoon. The best laugh was was watching BMW drivers go around the corners. the gritters had't been out and the snow and compacted and 'glassed' over.

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
It's interesting, not ASR on my 146 :), treat the throttle like its got an egg underneath and just plan ahead.
It's the same as usual the other idiots are the ones to watch :rolleyes:

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
Don't want to even start my Mito til it warms up a bit :eek:
I think thats a VERY good idea after reading some of the post on here lately, regarding the MiTo.......:eek:

My Car is staying put in my Garage until the snow totally melts. Not taking any chances with a steep hill either end of my street, AND all the students coming back for the new term all this week, and parking all over the place !!!!!.......:rolleyes:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Went to pick my MiTo up that's had a modification done to prevent the freezing issue and noticed the roads seem to be really bad today. Everywhere from home to the dealer (apart from my own street) was clear yesterday, whereas today it's very slushy.
It's a shame the MiTo has this problem as it's been excellent when I've driven it, even on totally whited out roads.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The best laugh was was watching BMW drivers go around the corners. the gritters had't been out and the snow and compacted and 'glassed' over.
Not just the BMW drivers, some of us older chaps are still flying the flag for RWD and suffering accordingly :p

·
Registered
644 Posts
I had my first aborted run yesterday......was trying to get up a steep bank locally and there were a few cars and a bus parked on either side of the road with their hazards flashing. I had good momentum heading up the bank in 2nd and very light on the throttle and would have made it to the top but had to stop for Mondeo man in front who was sliding back towards me:mad: once I'd stopped there was no way forward again so had to about turn and decided against continuing my journey :(

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Had some enjoyable fun with my V6 and Q2 diff! Even when you accelerate a bit to much it still manages to drag the car straight with a little twitch on the steering wheel of course.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts