Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a couple of weeks now since I completed this job. Since buying the car at the beginning of July I've done a lot of jobs to it.

Firstly I replaced the cam belt, water pump and tensioner. Then changed the oil and filter, air filter, fuel filter and pollen filter. Next came the offside front wheel bearing, alternator, auxiliary belt and some of the pulleys.

Then I cleaned the inlet manifold, removed the swirl flaps and changed the gearbox oil.

I invested in MES which was money well spent as it has allowed me to sort out the service indicator, reset the change oil warning, clear some fault codes and delete blue and me to stop the pesky flashing mileometer (that's still work in progress as ideally I'd like to get the blue and me working).

Most recently I used MES to reset the learned parameters in the ECU to 'start again' after all the maintenance.

Well after all that rambling the purpose of this post is I guess to answer the question has all this made a noticeable difference? The answer is a big yes. The car runs much smoother and feels much more powerful. Over the past week since I reset the ECU the car has day by day started to run better. The stutter that I sometimes felt seems much less common and the power delivery is getting better.

Where next? Well cold starting is still an issue. It starts much better if you preheat it two or three times so I'm considering glow plugs or the glow plug relay.....

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's another possibility of course. Perhaps the wrong ones are fitted and are not warming the cylinder properly.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Or try a new ecu map + cold start ecu update?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts