·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a few rants about this subject so prepare yourselves

cant do it now as tea is ready

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
He's probably been dusted by a car on his bike.

Oh wait no, that couldn't happen.

Power Rangers GO.
:cheese::cheese::cheese:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ive got a few rants about this subject so prepare yourselves

cant do it now as tea is ready
No rant yet? I guess you either calmed down or you have such bad indigestion that you can't reach the keyboard.

Perhaps we could help you out? e.g.

"Bl**dy country lanes, can never find one in the city close to my work" etc

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Erm - so why post then?
cos i started the thread then got told dinner was being served

He's probably been dusted by a car on his bike.

Oh wait no, that couldn't happen.

Power Rangers GO.
:cheese::cheese::cheese:
untill i come up against a veyron it wont

No rant yet? I guess you either calmed down or you have such bad indigestion that you can't reach the keyboard.

Perhaps we could help you out? e.g.

"Bl**dy country lanes, can never find one in the city close to my work" etc
no i hadnt eaten it then, i have now and i dont have indigestion :D

Wassamatta? Road covered in **** is it?

:lol:
i wasn't going to rant about that but now you come to mention it :rant:

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my rant is why do people have to drive on my side of the road forcing me to slam on the brakes when i get to a corner and their nose appears

2nd rant is why wont they bloody move over instead of forcing me onto the grass verge

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Get a battered Lightweight Landy. They'll move out the way for that. ;)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Simple answer - the roads are narrow and you are doing exactly the same to them on both counts in their perception.
no no no

the road i have to go down for work is wide enough for two cars there are a few places it get narrow so you cant help it but it seems like everyone else is just driving using the whole road whether or not it is wide enough for 2. i dont drive on the wrong side as i dont want to write off my car

honestly it would be easier to avoid a crash in a destruction derby

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i often quite like the idea of driving a £200 old battered festa or something just so i really wouldn't give a fcuk, whenever mr bmw wanted to tailgate i'd decide to test my brakes :evil:

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Loads of country lanes about here as well. I know they aren't wide so other folk must as well but it does my nut when people consistenly want you to go on the verge. Their car too good for that?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I used to have a battered old Mk2 Cavalier (old Y reg) and for some strange reason, EVERYBODY, and I mean EVERYBODY used to get out of the way of the thing. :lol:

It was like a tank! I'd be let out of side roads (when I was half out already :lol: ) on dual carriage ways that went from 2 lanes then to one no-one would cut me up :lol: and therefore let me in.

Can't think why! :cheese:

It was like this, but in Red/rust :cheese:

A horrible car, but great in other ways!

Attachments

·
Administrator
23,020 Posts
That's true. I had a Series 111 Landy with battle scars for a few years - I could go where I liked, when I liked and everyone got out of my way - country roads, where I live, were my domain.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Country Lanes scare me.

I do think that on some of the narrower roads, 60 is way too high a limit (not that I am anti-speed, I regard motorway speed limits as fairly arbitrary).

You've got pedestrians, cyclists, cattle herds, SUVs coming the other way (albeit on country lanes they're likely to get dirty unlike urban SUVs, but that's another rant).

·
Banned
4,522 Posts
I know exactly what the OP is talking about though.

I've been working out in the sticks and it's all really tight narrow roads big enough for one car at a time but with plenty of pull over spots.

Now, imagine driving down these lanes in a Ford twin wheelbase crewcab pick up truck.
Why is it, that when I meet another road user in say an audi TT or pegueot 206 that when I pull into the pull in spots they are incapable of maouvering past even though the path is clear?? Instead they freeze so it's upto me to do everything.
Good job it aint my van :D

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
my rant is why do people have to drive on my side of the road forcing me to slam on the brakes when i get to a corner and their nose appears

2nd rant is why wont they bloody move over instead of forcing me onto the grass verge
Not Wiltshire by any chance? Everyone I used to meet seemed incapable of driving through a gap less than twice as wide as their car. Got the finger once when the fecking chav **** couldn't drive through a gap 10' wide!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Not Wiltshire by any chance? Everyone I used to meet seemed incapable of driving through a gap less than twice as wide as their car. Got the finger once when the fecking chav **** couldn't drive through a gap 10' wide!
Got the finger from a chav ya say?? that sounds painful :lol:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts