Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my 156 is away having the gearbox and clutch changed. We've now found that the drivers side drive shaft wont go back in properly so I've been asked over the phone to find a replacement part. From what I've been told I just need the inner part with the spline and bearing on it. Now, as I've not worked on the car or seen exactly what I'm looking for could anybody help with ebay links etc? I have the 2.5 V6 too, just incase there are any variations, no doubt there are!

Many thanks, Chris.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Why wont the original one go back in properly ? You need to find out the cause before spunking money on another driveshaft that wont go in......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The diff on the old gearbox failed and somehow damaged the shaft. Its been tried on both old and new boxes but won't go in for whatever reason. As said, Im just going by what Ive been told over the phone and not seen it myself in person. I'll try and go over and have a look tomorrow evening if possible.

·
Registered
565 Posts
ok, makes sense now.

better of getting a complete driveshaft....

·
Registered
565 Posts
V6 ones are different from the 4 pot ones.....

G

·
0 Posts
Still a little confused as to what the damage might be it bolts to a flange it does not go in the box itself not saying it is not damaged but won't go in sounds a bit odd. Just keep an eye on what's going on see if you can get a pic of the damaged bit ( say its to match it ).
The shaft that goes in to the box is the central shaft that goes behind the engine it is possible that there is a misunderstanding of parts I suppose this would make more sense :thumbs:sorry just re read your thread and yes it is the centre not the drivers side sorry must get me glasses out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts