Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I bought some driveshafts a while back that have been sat around with me thinking I will fit those one day . The part number / fitment guide suggests they fit all makes / models but this isn't the first time I have encountered part issues. The inner Cv joint gaiter has split and I think is contributing to my battery light coming on as it flicks grease at my new alternator and I have read about split boots against original. These are what I have and they look wrong at both ends! Inner joint doesn't seem to have the same configuration then I have....
Can anyone advise?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're very different. This is for my phase two but they look the same on phase 1 . These newer jobbies....not the same at all?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Had a look at the 4 shafts I have and they look the same. They came off a phase 1 and early phase 2 with the toothed ring for early ABS system. Can measure them if it helps.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still struggling with this...my plan was to replace the inner boot and keeep the existing but I have these parts which don't seem to match up visually but compatibility seems ok?
It's the outer end that confuses me when you compare the photos

Attachments

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
As long as all dimensions & splines are the same and the toothed wheel is in the right place for the ABS sensor, they should be fine.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have come to the conclusion that these fit the 2.0v6 turbo and the 3.0 v6 spider. Not sure about 3.0 or 3.2 gtv v6

These look very similar to my set up...

T58355,EAI T58355; Drive Shaft

Different lengths , the above are 484 and mine are 500

Bought the wrong parts, not for the first time !

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was going to overhaul my v6 driveshafts as I have split inner boot, but if these fit a V6 they may be worth a punt.
Mine does not have a abs ring,but I imagine the ring will knock off.Is the inner CV o/d 108mm. are they new or refurb. shaft O/D?
I have a set of new TS boots if any use, left over from TS days inner CV o/d 98mm

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was going to overhaul my v6 driveshafts as I have split inner boot, but if these fit a V6 they may be worth a punt.
Mine does not have a abs ring,but I imagine the ring will knock off.Is the inner CV o/d 108mm. are they new or refurb. shaft O/D?
I have a set of new TS boots if any use, left over from TS days inner CV o/d 98mm
The last part loses me to be honest . I need inner boot (s) for my TS
They seem cheap enough. I was going to replace the whole shaft until I realised they are no good for me....
Anything else I can't help with sorry

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hello
The O/D (outside diameter) on v6 is 108mm and 98 mm on TS
as pic, the V6 shaft O/D is approx 24mm on v6 and approx 21mm on TS marked ? on pic
If yours are 108 and 24 how much do you want for them.Tried PM but could not send pics
Also pic of TS boots I have I can send.
Regards
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Just ran the part number on Alvadi and the sole compatibility is for the 2.0 V6 Turbo only.. 3.0/3.2 not listed in the models table.. Different part number for 3.0/3.2 cars???

180.00 Euros per shaft !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts