Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I also have a squeaking noise from the front of the car, heard upon braking and turning left.

there's play in the driveshaft damper (items 6 and 7 in the ePER photo below) and noise when i jack the front of the car up and rock that wheel as if it's rolling forward and back, aswell as movement when i grab the damper by hand and "wiggle" it.

is it just a case of very simply undoing the bolts holding the damper around the shaft (fnar) and replacing the pad, or is there likely to be more to it than that?

FIAT ePER

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Not much help other than childish amusement but the technical term for that part is a "muff" coupling.

C

·
0 Posts
I also have a squeaking noise from the front of the car, heard upon braking and turning left.

there's play in the driveshaft damper (items 6 and 7 in the ePER photo below) and noise when i jack the front of the car up and rock that wheel as if it's rolling forward and back, aswell as movement when i grab the damper by hand and "wiggle" it.

is it just a case of very simply undoing the bolts holding the damper around the shaft (fnar) and replacing the pad, or is there likely to be more to it than that?

FIAT ePER

Yeah, they should be that easy to replace. Access may be an issue though, only every done it out of the car.

I've never seen one fail btw.

C

·
0 Posts
Are you sure the movement is in the damper and not in the driveshaft?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts

FIAT ePER
Geewhiz,,,just when you think nothing else can go wrong on an Alfa....when will it stop? :rolleyes:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts