Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My drivers window was playing up (the usual by the sounds) and I've done all that everyone has mentioned, eg soft reset (with battery etc.

It was working, then stopped, then it started again and now its stuck down.

I have the door trim open and the switch out (well that came out in may be the wrong way as I have a 4 small pins/probing legs that fell out when I took the switch out. Not sure how that will go back together:(

The summary now is, I can hear the micro switch click for the down but nothing for the up.

I've read something on another thread about this but not sure what to do to over come this.

Any help on this will sacve my legs a few miles while the it's parked up at work :(

·
Registered
416 Posts
Had a similar prob with one of my rear windows. It was the motor for that window that was pooped. Took it to an indy* who replaced the motor and refitted a couple of badly fitted door cards as well.

*Autolusso / Alfa Motive Bournemouth [Accurate, knowledgeable & fairly priced]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice Leaky 156.
I thinking about the motor could be iffy, but it goes down and not up? Switch? Control Module? Motor?

Thanks for the address aswell.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Leaky156

OK, nice to hear you had the same symptoms which points me in a best direction. The hunt will start for a window reg.

Thanks again

·
Registered
154 Posts
Faulty contacts

Thanks for the advice Leaky 156.
I thinking about the motor could be iffy, but it goes down and not up? Switch? Control Module? Motor?

Thanks for the address aswell.
Had identical problem on a FIAT Brava - uses same switches and connecting plug. Sent us mad but eventually found by chance to be a bad contact within the plug/socket in door shut. Undo it, give all contacts a dose of switch cleaner.......worth a try and may work.:rant:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Carrotsucker

I think your onto something. I found when unplugging the connecting plugs it jumped into life, just but i've got the window up and feel i'm onn the fault.I've started cleaning (want to get them better) the contacts but it's still onn and off but feel alot better feeling i'm on track to nailing it. Fingers crossed.
Cheers

·
Registered
146 Posts
Should such an issue occur with me, does pressing and holding the button on the key still move the window up (locked) and open (unlock).

·
Registered
9,490 Posts
If it works in one direction, but not the other, its much more likely to be a switch issue ...... the window motor regulator - or more accurately the winder motor - is just a simple electric motor: feed it pos and neg and it will turn one way - reverse the pos and neg and it will turn the other way.....it doesn't know or care which particular way it should turn or what will happen, it just responds to the electric connections. I have an old connector for the window motor, and regularly test motors before sale by simply swapping pos and neg connections.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts