Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It happens just as the window gets to the top just before closing. Bit of oil down the window sort it out? is it the sign of something about to go?

·
Registered
13,165 Posts
Is it the motor making the noise, or something more mechanical?

If it's the latter, I'm sure mine used to make a noise towards the top of the travel.

A forum search should help here but I reckon the remedy will be to remove the door card and put some light grease on the rollers / guides.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Does it only do it when it is dry? i.e does it do it when the window is wet? My spider squeaked on being raised and it was due to the glass on the rubbers. It didn't do it when the rubbers/window were wet.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Both my front windows did this until a liberal application of silicone grease from an aerosol sent them both silent again. I went a bit mad with the driver's side and was still seeing it on the window weeks later so try not to do that!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I lowered the window fully got a stiff scrubbing brush with soapy water cleaning to window rubber and then I sprayed the window glass with silicon spray

I just found it was dried rubbers rather than anything mechanical

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, it is not a mechanical squeak more like a something trying through a gap that's too small, kind of squeak (If that makes sense)

I will start off with the silicone spray

1 - 6 of 6 Posts