Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The window motor in my drivers door is fading fast. It has become a real nuicance at toll bridges and car parks. Is the same type of electric motor used in all four doors and is it possible to interchange them. My car is 1997 2.0TS.

cheers

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the motors are not interchangable but you might find that a fiat tipo(5dr)or a lancia dedra will fit.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My driver window hasn't worked for about a year - at toll bridges I have to open the door!

How much is a new electric motor?

Ralf S.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The price from the local Alfa dealer is 300 euro. They call it a regulator rather that a motor. How can it be this price.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sure he hasn't qoted you for a new window/assembly/regulator/door/interior ???

Marlon

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
JD - the motor and the regulator are different items - the motor is er, the motor, and the regulator is the geared / jointed / whatevered mechanism than converts the rotary movement of a motor into the up / down movement of a window.

However, I'm having drivers window problems too - but wondered if it was the 'one touch' relay getting worn? The window start to open, then slows, then clicks off, sometimes with repeated clicking of the relay until I press the window button again. I thought it might be burnt out contacts on the relay. Any more guesses?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rickward, it is exactly as you describe. I will take the door apart this weekend if it stays dry and examine all the parts. Jimybob thanks for the part info and price. Is the same motor/regulator used in the 146.

jd

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Funny you should say about it being dry too - mine only plays up in damp weather... argh! Italian electrics!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
removed the interior door panel last night. 30 minute job for amateur, me. interior panel is well constructed and can be pull off without fear of damage. A second metal panel which covered and held everthing together was then removed to reveal a singe cylindrical motor mounted horizontally with a plastic pipe towards the front to take the internal worm or toothed cable that pushes the window up and down. On the door lock side of the motor is a metal pipe that swings in an arc uop to the base of the window, attaces to the glass and then continues vertically to the base of the door to support updown movement. This is not the motor/regulator type design I expected to find having viewed those used in the 164. not sure there are any serviceable parts in here.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try the Tipo first as it sounds just like their motor. Should be plenty in the scrap yards. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts