Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

So had a few issues with my window not closing itself etc and seems its all the symptoms of the control unit needing to be replaced having read a few threads on here. Can someone tell me the part number for a replacement unit for a 56 year Alfa Brera 3.2v6 and recommend any resellers? The car has electric folding mirrors so not sure if this effects the control unit or not and if the 159 units are the same as the Breras.

Finally where is the unit located, inside the door card and is it an easy job to replace?

Thanks

Trev

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
does it go down but not up?
mine did this. i followed the guide to take it out, took all the screws out the unit and pulled it apart. swapped the copper connector for one of the windows i don't use (just incase it was faulty) and under the plungery bit that makes the connection i cut a small slither of sticky pad and put that under it. that seemed to make a better connection. screwed it all back together and all is good.
15min job, all done sat in the drivers seat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I get a yellow error message on the dash about safety issue and a icon of the door. The window will only go up and down in small increments and when I unlock the car the window drops to about half way. Also when shutting the door it doesn't close fully requiring me to manually raise the window with the key fob.

I had a look around and most people seemed to have the same issue and put it down to the controller. The problem is I've no idea where the controller is located to check the part number to order a replacement.

Can someone please help

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Giving this a bump as really could do with a part number and an idea of where the control unit is located.

Thanks

Trev

·
Registered
13 Posts
Giving this a bump as really could do with a part number and an idea of where the control unit is located.

Thanks

Trev
I recently replaced window regulator which is motor and window clamps and rails;the controller is attached to inside of door card which is the memory for both front door windows.Have you tried reset procedure?Sometimes this might suffice,if no success then remove door card and investigate?

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
part number will probably be able to be gotten from eper. download yaself a copy from the stickies at the top of the forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts