Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, maybe someone can help me..
Drivers main beam doesn work, fuse ok, with multimeter i can only see less than a 1 Volt, left side working ok. Sounds like cable needs replacing?

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Check the multiplug which goes into the headlamp. It could be a dirty/corroded or loose terminal. Is there not a relay on the dip beam circuit? Check that and the switch as well.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Multiplug seems ok, dipped beam is working ok, just noticed that sidelights not working too, bulbs are gone.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
If a headlamp bulb is away, I really recommend uprating them. Best results are achieved with branded bulbs and not halfords or ebay specials. Click for more info. You may find a little difficulty in getting the 6watt halogen sidelight bulb- type no, 434 as only Alfas and Mercs use them.

F

·
0 Posts
I had a similar problem albeit not on an alfa. It turned out to be the light circuit control relay - the brain which checks that all bulbs are working. If you have bulb warning system, then it could well be the relay. Was truly expensive though, 250 quid, just for the relay.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts