Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me what it's for? Yes, I know it's for resting ur arm on, but when? You can't drive with it down!! Also, can it be easily removed?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
mines down all the time:confused: can reach everything, gear stick, handbrake etc. its also a storage bin in the facelift interior onwards:thumbs:

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
i never lift mine up, especially when crusing down A roads and motorways i find it to be perfectly placed and very comfy

·
Registered
745 Posts
In my GT it has two positions, there's a button on the front to lower it, may be the same for the 156? I can rest my arm and change gear in the lower position which is where I keep it. Pulling the handbrake is a bit awkward though.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
I must admit when my car had one I had it down and got used to it (although whenever I got it back from the garage it was always up :lol:) ... swapped my interior to leather and it's now gone (can't say I miss it tbh)

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
I should clarify that this is two down positions, i.e. up, down, more down ;)
same for the 147, but not the 156, the 156 is also set further back, which annoys me tbh, i prefer the 147/GT/Stilo armrest, which im looking into replacing it with, somehow;)

·
Registered
28,482 Posts
I find it brilliant on Motorways, get up to about 75 MPH in 6th Gear, click on the cruise control, pull the armrest down and just let the Car do the work. Brilliant methinks, mile after mile just fly past as I sit in comfort and relax, whilst listening to the lovely sound of the CD system !!!!!........:)

·
Registered
359 Posts
you can't drive with it down??
ooo k...
personally i don't find it affects my driving up or down..

·
Registered
6,811 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
So did I :lol:

Though on a serious note even with me long monkey like arms I still drive with it down - strangely it seems to annoy me if its up?!?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts