Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Does someone can tell me if the CV joint of a 156 2.4jtd can be fitted on 156 GTA?

Is there any else compatibilty for these CV joint?

I'm talking about the CV joint on wheel side.

Cheers

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Hi everyone,

Does someone can tell me if the CV joint of a 156 2.4jtd can be fitted on 156 GTA?

Is there any else compatibilty for these CV joint?

I'm talking about the CV joint on wheel side.

Cheers
Nope, a jtd / v6 outer cv joint is different and won't fit. I'm not aware of any commonality with other models either.

Expensive aren't they?:(

·
Registered
3,004 Posts

·
Vendor
46,244 Posts
I've often thought about replacing the hub flanges & wheel bearings for std 156 fittings, then using 156 2.5 V6 driveshafts. Its quite a bit of work initially but will make driveshaft replacement a lot cheaper in the future, you can pick up 2.5 V6 driveshafts for not a lot of money.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so if i do understand weel i can take the driveshaft of a 2.5 v6 for my GTA.

But i don´t have to change my hub? Pud you talk about quit of work, could you explain this?

·
Vendor
46,244 Posts
Ok so if i do understand weel i can take the driveshaft of a 2.5 v6 for my GTA.

But i don´t have to change my hub? Pud you talk about quit of work, could you explain this?
You can only use 156 2.5 V6 driveshafts if you also use 156 2.5 V6 hub flanges. This is the hub flange:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140824943345

To change the hub flange you will also need to change the front wheel bearings.

·
Vendor
46,244 Posts
They are thinner yes, at a guess probably 5 or 6mm thinner on the flanged end. I don't know if the main shafts are thinner or not. I should probably weigh some and see if there is a difference.

·
Registered
3,004 Posts

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts