Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just discovered another leak.Drip is emanating from just underneath the main earth lead on gearbox(i think its the lead earth)any idea what seal /gasket it could be coming from.Just checked the clutch slave cylinder and all seems ok there.
Cheers Gary

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
I would still think it's the Clutch slave, check the brake fluid level, the other option is one of the coolant hoses if it coming OFF the gearbox.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would still think it's the Clutch slave, check the brake fluid level, the other option is one of the coolant hoses if it coming OFF the gearbox.
Cheers Smaky,will check tomorrow,in the daylight:thumbs:

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Checked all round but cannot find where its coming from.Can it leak from where the lead earth bolts onto casing?? Only place it seems to be coming from,Cheers Gary

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
OK it's possible but only if the casing has cracked, which I have never seen there, but also near there are the drain and filler plugs, maybe the gearbox drain plug is loose???

Could you do a pic of it pls?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nothing loose.Was told on the 145 forum that it can leak from the lead earth stud.Have tightened it up a bit so we'll see what happens.Will post a pic soon,cheers Gary

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here's where it came from,just below the lead earth.Since nipping it a bit tighter there has been no drip.We'll see what happens when i take it for a run as it has not moved since.

Attachments

·
Banned
9,721 Posts
That's not where the earth should be attached to, and it's going to take afew more beers to focus on that picture.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts