Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was stopped by the police last night as part of their "Christmas Drink Driving Campaign" :rolleyes:

The policewoman asked me how many drinks I had had in the last 24 hours.

Apparently, "not enough to shag you" was the wrong answer :(

·
Banned
57,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Did she do that? - I mean the loose change.....:lol: They're all over here. I'll remember that answer:)

Storm warning with heavy snowfall and strong winds today, 4 on a scale of 5. So much so that the regular taxi boat company (CGN) decided not to run today - a first in 18 years!
I was stopped by law enforcement who'd parked their car in a cosy shed right beside the railroad Xssing in an effort to keep out of the rain. 6 o'clock this morning stopped at the Xssing on my way to work while the gates were down, car stopped and engine off: knock knock on my window, "have you been drinking Sir...?" I was lost for anything to say.

I live near a well renowned night club in my area. People come out and think it's cool to race round a large roundabout until one catches up the other on week-ends. Quite fun really but not for me and often ends up in crumpled steel.
Last Xmas, 5am in the morning I got into my car to go on a ski trip. Suddenly I was surrounded by at least six cops who asked me to get out as soon as I'd started the engine, take a breath test, show papers etc etc. I fail to beleive that they'd honestly think that a 'clubber' would take his skis (ski boots clothes and all) to a club before carefully adjusting them to the ski rack and driving home at 5am in the morning. Moreso, that they must have seen me leaving my home?????? They finally asked me to scrub the frost off all windows before letting me leave.
God only knows where they were hiding before that, but good to know that they're clamping down on the twisted metal you often see there on a Saturday morning.

PS: Many students here seem to run BMW's, hence the rubber burning around the roundabout in question.

·
Registered
448 Posts
A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and some rather nice claret. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it from!

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
A couple of nights ago, I was out for a few drinks with some friends and had a few too many beers and some rather nice claret. Knowing full well I may have been slightly over the limit, I did something I've never done before - I took a bus home. I arrived home safely and without incident, which was a real surprise, as I have never driven a bus before and am not sure where I got it from!
I remember when I was younger me and a mate broke into a bus garage so that we could steal a bus to drive home.

It took me ages to move all of the buses until I could get out the one that had my town written on the sign at the front.

My mate was really suprised at what I was doing, he said why don't you take the one for Oxford? We could walk home from there...

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
Seriously though I got caught one Sunday afternoon speeding and got
the breathalyser treatment and was 1 under the measure so that was fine

... 6 months later I got banned for speeding at that time for the speed by
the magistrates ... those mother... will always get you ... fine now though and no points:thumbs:

I waited years for that to clear

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I thought that sounded familiar...
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/way-off-topic/312718-yes-i-did-cut-and-paste-this-but.html

·
Registered
20,969 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: that reminds of a good joke when there are 2 blokes pished and they
are on their way home and they come across a Bus depot and the one says to the
other "let's steal a bus" ... so the other bloke says "hold on a minute I will" ... so
he vanishes and all the other bloke hears is reversing and forwarding

the drunk at the front is getting frustrated and asks "What's taking you so long?"

and the other bloke says "Well - the number 28's right at the back" :thumbs:

·
Registered
37,764 Posts
:lol::lol::lol: that reminds of a good joke when there are 2 blokes pished and they
are on their way home and they come across a Bus depot and the one says to the
other "let's steal a bus" ... so the other bloke says "hold on a minute I will" ... so
he vanishes and all the other bloke hears is reversing and forwarding

the drunk at the front is getting frustrated and asks "What's taking you so long?"

and the other bloke says "Well - the number 28's right at the back" :thumbs:
That is similar to the one I posted a few posts up. :lol:

A mate of mine got stopped and he was steaming drunk.

He said to the policemen "Well you can't expect me to walk home in this state officer".

V

·
0 Posts
I got stopped once....

Officer: What's your name?

Me: Karl.

Officer: Date of birth?

Me: 5th of May.

Officer: What year?

Me: Every year.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts