Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I get about a bit in my social life and regularly chuckle to myself when I go to places and see what people wear....

Theatre, you see men with trilbies, big scarves and loud booming voices.

Shopping Centres, You see people in sports gear that look as if they’ve never been near a gym.

Today I’ve been to the Doncaster Gun Show at the racecourse exhibition centre, it’s indoors.

We have people in green wellies, loads of them. We have old fellas with shepherds crooks, we have people dressed in full camouflage head to toe and a rather large lady looking like Robin Hood with a crossbow across her back, she’s mixed up her urban legends.

And the icing on the cake is the old man selling second hand military clothing, dressed as an SAS soldier telling a young lad and his small boy that the camouflage vests are “Two for a f***ing tenner” The lad walked off.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
But what do you wear for the above occasions? Will others think your dress sense is just as weird?

I do agree though that some people wear the most inappropriate clothes.

As for swearing in front of anyone let alone a young boy is inexcusable. Unfortunately it is no longer rare. Around here I hear mothers telling off toddlers with language that would have been inappropriate on the construction site when I started work and I still consider wrong in a public street.

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I didn’t say the clothing was weird or inappropriate, it’s just strange wearing wellies indoors and full camouflage. I realise it’s possibly the uniform of gun users when out shooting, but not in an exhibition centre with a roof, windows, walls and doors.

I was wearing a pink tutu and a sparkling tiara, which I thought was appropriate for a gun show.

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
“Two for a f***ing tenner” The lad walked off.
Crikey, with a statement like that, I’m not surprised the lad walked - that’s a complete rip off! ; -)

Jesting aside, I guess it’s just folks getting into the spirit of things, maybe exhibiting through their dress that they’re part of the ‘club’, even though their presence there kinda confirms that anyway; I guess no different to wearing a marque-branded t shirt or cap at a marque-specific car gathering.

(Immediate disclaimer; I don’t have any car branded clothing. The closest I get to that is a fading AGIP t shirt for jobs when I need to wear scruffs)

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Not sure I get the rant.

A gun show is going to be full of people who manage land and have come straight from work in their wellies and tweed deer stalkers plus the nutters in camo that poach a few deer from time to time isn't it?

Far worse are the dullards that can't go out without a football shirt on. They see it as appropriate attire for every occasion from weddings to funerals. You really don't need to visually show me what team you should have stopped idolising when you became an adult because you won't stop talking about them you boring ****.

·
Registered
17,032 Posts
For crass, toe-curlingly inappropriate funeral dress insensitivity, you cannot beat... ahaaaa! The full Alan. The Alan’s Alan. A man’s Alan:

·
Registered
12,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The camo outfits didn't work very well 'cos you actually saw them. :biglaugh:
That reminds me of the army boys that were drafted in to help at the London Olympic Games.

They were on duty in full camouflage and wearing high visibility tabards. :vs_lol:

·
Registered
13,183 Posts
That reminds me of the army boys that were drafted in to help at the London Olympic Games.

They were on duty in full camouflage and wearing high visibility tabards. :vs_lol:
The MTP camo' is the default "work wear" these days. The oldie style (ex-95 pattern) KF shirt, wooly jumper and lightweight trousers you might remember or may have been expecting is now a discontinued uniform.

But the questione nobody has asked yet... why are you at these events..? :D

Ralf S.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Lots of punters going to the (motor)bike show, which is in November, used to head there by car or train which is fair enough ....... but they would take their leathers and boots with them to change into before going into the show.

i also discovered that there was a market for selling on used knee sliders.

WTF!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts