Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.4 has been remapped with DPF and EGR delete which will result in less soot and contamination which is all good.

The question is this - what's to stop the DPF form clogging in time? I have no idea whether it has been 'de-cored' or not, I suspect not. The system won't regenerate as a result of the map so eventually you will grind on a stop??!

Has anyone experienced any problems in the long term? Was thinking of replacing mine with a link pipe (which retains the sensor). I'm not to concerned about mot issues, just long term realbility.

Thoughts ?

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Did you do the DpF delete or the previous owner? Without regens it'll block within a thousand miles or so

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you do the DpF delete or the previous owner? Without regens it'll block within a thousand miles or so

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color
No, car already mapped when it came to me. Was done 2/3 years ago and still performing well. I was under the impression, although I am likely wrong, that the DPF delete was to cancel regenerations?

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
No, car already mapped when it came to me. Was done 2/3 years ago and still performing well. I was under the impression, although I am likely wrong, that the DPF delete was to cancel regenerations?
Yes, but you only want or need to do that if the DPF has been removed.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, but you only want or need to do that if the DPF has been removed.
I might give the company who did the work a call to see whether the DPF has been cored out or not.

Sorry just to clarify, DPF delete is only mapped when the DPF is either removed or cored out?

Cheers

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
I might give the company who did the work a call to see whether the DPF has been cored out or not.

Sorry just to clarify, DPF delete is only mapped when the DPF is either removed or cored out?

Cheers
As has already been said, your DPF would be an impermeable solid lump after 3-years with no regens.

So two possibilities:
1) DPF is still there and DPF regens working as Alfa intended.
2) DPF removed and DPF regen mapped out.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
if you get under the car and hit the dpf with something you will know, if theres a dull thud its still full of stuff, if it clangs like a bell its empty

thats the way we tested mine anyway :biglaugh:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts