Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering, I've been reading even more lately about the DPF removal and remapping and would love to get mine done by Angel Tuning or AHM or someone proper, but these places are all down south and would mean adding on what? a 5-600 mile round trip etc

Is there anywhere in Scotland anyone's used for this? Or knows of?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate, will give them a call to see what they do. A rolling road etc would be good but I don't see that listed on the site so I suppose not 100% necessary

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looking to get this done myself, but a bit concerned over the new MOT regs

Alfatuner, what is your take on this?

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
There is a thread with the MOT information on it somewhere else on this forum but basically after speaking to my local tester and reading the test documentation....

The Catalytic converter has to be fitted to the vehicle. No mention of DPF. My MOT just stated "Diesel particle not present" in the notes but did not affect the test.

Has to pass the emissions test, mine flew through last time with a reading of 0.47 (new low level test for post 1st July 2008 cars is 1.5) way under even the new limit and my car is 2007.

If in doubt just ask the MOT tester you will be using.

Gus did mine and not had a problem with it been great ever since.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Good to hear about the emissions John.

Only thing I notice more post-dpf-operation, is more of a diesel smell... sooty.... if you know what i mean...

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Cant say that I have noticed a smell in particular....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Has anyone had a dpf/egr delete done in Scotland?

I've had my '06 2.4 Sportwagon for 2 years now and have been thinking about it for a while.

Little worried about MOT failure after it, but so many seem to have had it done and not read about any failures, so guessing it's ok.

Is it worth the trip to go somewhere else (e.g. AHM or Angel), or does it not really matter where you get it done?

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm going to take a wait and see approach to this and see what happens with MOT's in the next year or so, to my mind it rather depends on if the DPF is considered to also be a form of 'cat' by the testers/testing authority ie if its being used as a generic 'catch all phrase' for emissions systems.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts