Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

New here, and full disclosure from the start: I have a a Saab, not an Alfa. But I read that the engines are basically the same, and I couldn't find an Irish Saab forum, so here goes:

It has the 1.9 TID engine (150 bhp) and it looks like the DPF is giving trouble. I'm getting a "limited performance" message on the dash and the acceleration seems restricted. It will go up to 60/70 mph, but very slowly, so it's not a "limp home" mode.

Has anyone here had a similar issue with their engine, and if so, what options have I for solutions? A full replacement is gonna be big bucks, so what can I do to keep the cost down?

Anyone know of how successful removal of DPF and re-mapping is in the long run? Any issues with NCT emissions testing?

Anyone know of an indie garage in the Galway area that I should speak to before taking the nuclear option of going to the main dealer in limerick?

Thanks,

Wayne

·
Administrator
87,494 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
are you sure it's the DPF and not the EGR? or sticky valves? if you're sure this is DPF related, I found this:
Shameless plug - DPF Cleaning, EGR's, Manifolds etc [Archive] - Octane.ie Forums
The indie garage where it's sitting at the moment have said that they cleaned the egr, so I'm taking their word for it that it's not that. They are going to talk to the Saab dealer in limerick to see what my options are, but I can imagine them just insisting on a new DPF.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see you posted on a thread on octane and I think a pm to the op will have you sorted out in a very quick and efficient manner
Yes, and thanks to klapanciusz for the link.

I sent a pm to him, hopefully he'll get back soon. He says he has a one-day turnaround, so I'm hoping to hear from him today of possible. Need the car desperately for work next week!

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Very impressed with all the help I'm getting here. Pity there's nothing like it (that I can find anyway) for Irish Saab owners.

Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts