Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since i bought my car ive been keeping an eye on the DPF, as far as I know the last 12,000 miles ive done it hasnt done a regen. The blocked value on MES is always showing as 0.0% does this suggest a faulty sensor, the DPF is regenerating too often or possibly the DPF has been modified in some way?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Mine reads that....mines had it's DPF gutted and deleted (along with EGR) and been re-mapped.

Do you get a puff of smoke when you bury the throttle in 2nd or 3rd at about 1200 RPM? if so....you have no DPF

Do you find it easy to leave behind most saloons? - if yes you've probably been remapped

Do you have good torque from wayy down low? - if yes, you're probably remapped

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There has been no smoke, but low down there is lots of torque. One of the reasons i bought mine is because it seemed way more driveable than the others Ive test driven. Ok I may have a look underneath at some point for any evidence of the DPF being modified, I suppose I should only be worrying if it was causing me any issues which *touches wood* havnt had a single problem so far.

·
Registered
196 Posts
the smoke is a good thing :cool: you'll only see it when you absolutely floor it (maybe up hill, in the peak torque band...if your're smiling, it's probably smoking.) check at night, headlights highlight it straight away, not so noticeable during the day. It wont some in neutral, engine has to be under load.

mines got a weld all down the front where it was cut open. definitely more driveable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Can anyone recommend a good place for DPF removal? Live in Bristol so somewhere within 60/70 or so miles.
Also what sort of price would I be expecting? drive a Brera 2.4 JTDM

cheers!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Pricewise I think you would be looking at £350 to £500 which should include blanking off the EGR valve, replacing the DPF with a pipe ( or hollowing the DPF out and leaving it on) and finally remapping the car to take into account the fact the DPF is no longer functional.

Can't recommend a place to take it as I live in Cheshire but I'm sure someone will be along soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts