Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had an issue with my car,its got no power,it threw a code (P0100) and that related to the MAF,so i got one from Autolusso and swapped that and its still got no power,its not throwning a fault code up though strangley but says -NO FAULTS FOUND- but under says -not ready- ,now as i have eliminated the MAF i was thinking it could be lambda but lambdas only come into play at closed loop (i think )and i am having power issues under full throttle,next thing im thinking is maybe a cat has collapsed,anyone have any ideas to throw my way?

·
Registered
6,811 Posts
yeah but alfa diag seems to be the only one to get the correct codes and he correct fault related to the code:(

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have read on here though that a failed lambda can show up as failed MAF,i have never had any issues with the scangauge and see no reason for it not to be right,just not as "in depth" as Alfadiag but it does an ok job

·
Vendor
7,045 Posts
I have had an issue with my car,its got no power,it threw a code (P0100) and that related to the MAF,so i got one from Autolusso and swapped that and its still got no power,its not throwning a fault code up though strangley but says -NO FAULTS FOUND- but under says -not ready- ,now as i have eliminated the MAF i was thinking it could be lambda but lambdas only come into play at closed loop (i think )and i am having power issues under full throttle,next thing im thinking is maybe a cat has collapsed,anyone have any ideas to throw my way?
Why not bring it in and we will take a look at it for you

Ned

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im wondering if it is possible spark plug related,its got very new plugs but that dont mean anything,do bad plugs show up a fault code or not?

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
alledgely you disconnect battery for 45 mins ,reconnect start it and let it idle for 15 mins ,turn it off and start it and go for drive ,some one correct if im wrong

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Think im going to get it fixed and sell it to be honest,i dont use it anymore anyway,i use my smart car in the week and skyline at weekends

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i will be wanting £2500 for it once done,could not get yr PM as i am only allowed 5 at a time and it fills very quick LOL

heres a spec of the car if you know anyone who could be interested once its mended

cream leather in excellent condition, Sony head unit with uprated alpine speakers, 17” multispokes with almost new falken 912’s on ,`Metal blade water pump,Sprintbooster,Eibach springs with bilstien shocks,Momo front strut brace,Whiteline anti roll bars, Fully polybushed,Cybox cat back,EBC redstuff front pads,Tarox rotors,Goodridge braided brake hoses,Ecu remap by Evolution,Uprated BMC intake with full silicone hose,GTA inlet runners, recent GTA clutch,Silkolene silktran gear oil, Castrol super Dot 4 brake and clutch fluid recently changed,Silkolene PRO S 5w 40 engine oil(changed every 3k miles), the car ran 0-60 in 6.8 seconds on a track day(at a lower spec),produced 216 bhp on RR(graph to prove),always cleaned regular and rarely used as I use my smart car during the week and skyline at weekends,when used it is warmed fully before going over 3.5k revs,cambelt done at last service, loads of paperwork and history etc…have owned this car twice now, it’s a fantastic car, this is not like your run of the mill V6 Alfa, this one is very loved and care has been taken on the modifications done to ensure it is not too much, too loud and unsuitable for driving on the road, it is comfortable with a nice soundtrack and ample power for the road with handling and brakes to cope.lots of MOT left and tax
Mileage is 111500

·
Registered
7,640 Posts
had a similar issue on my GT last week also V6

was a whole series of stupid things

1 Brand new MAF shot
2 one lambda shot
3 one cat on the branch shot

all fixed up now and car $%##$s off again

1 - 20 of 28 Posts