Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone lowered their GTV?

If so by how much and using what equipment? Does it improve the handling noticeably?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Has anyone lowered their GTV?

If so by how much and using what equipment? Does it improve the handling noticeably?
The ride on a gtv is quite hard and not its best feature in general so id imagine lowering it or adding much larger alloys would only make this worse. Handling wise it might make it a bit more stable as its lower to the ground, thus a better centre of gravity, but what do you do where this is neccessary, unless you like to go around bends at 90mph

B

·
0 Posts
Plenty of folk have lowered them by about 30mm,using Bilstein & Eibach components in general .Coilover kits are also available.

Alloys up to 19" can be fitted though most stop at 18"

Personally I wouldn't bother lowering a GTV unless you have a private track to play on,the plague of speed humps and numerous potholes that form most of the roads in southern England make driving a bit of a challenge some days anyway........there are some roads in Southampton that I just won't drive down in my car because the ride will be so harsh as to make me start losing my temper!

Bits from here if you are still keen www.gazzella.cc

1 - 4 of 4 Posts