Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
716 Posts
Moved into my lovely new home in December last year after 18 months of bullshiit from the sellers solicitors

Finally all settled in to find that i have a proper ****** living upstairs that clearly has no respect or thought for anyone but herself

She's about 25 with 2 small kids, doesn't work, smokes weed and thinks she's black when she's just dirty from not washing at most. I've had various conversations with her about noise as she lives above me, one of which she came down to knock on my door as my surround sound was too loud one evening at about 11pm when watching a film

Fair enough, i turned it down and simply let her know that her kids are constantly jumping about the place upstairs which sounds like they're coming through the ceiling at any moment. Her reply to this was something along the lines of "are you dizzy cuz?! Having a dig at my children, are you some sort of sick weirdo blah blah blah smoke the ganja and pop a cap in my homies ass whilst doing a drive by" (btw i'm not racist, just how she tried to talk, it's kind of funny yet sadly, sadly worrying )

After a few instances of loud music and general noise, we finally agreed that weekends mean we can do what we want. i.e. loud music, parties and general noise is fine on weekends - me being more than lenient but also gives me an excuse to crank my system at the weekends

Since 4am this morning, she has had loud music and people jumping up and down on the floor which has obviously woken me up. There's a door leading to a set of stairs which then goes to her front door, which i managed to barge my way through (yes, i am the hulk) and knock on her front door. No answer. Knocked a bit louder, no answer. So i knocked on it very loudly to which her reply when opening the door was "do you have to knock so loud!? it's rude famalam!"

Stupid **** obviously doesn't understand that my knocking needs to be heard over the music, if you can call it that

Now i may have pushed my way through and unplugged her stereo at this point due to lack of sleep, frustration and just generally being fed up. Told her that if it goes back on, i'll be calling the police. And before anyone says it, i know the police can't do shiit, but she's too thick to know what her shoe size is, let alone what mine and her legals rights' are. I've spoken to the local council for breaching the environmental protection act of 1990, and as usual they just say "OK we've logged this, thanks" and that's the end of that. I'll get a call in a day or 2 asking about the situation, but ****ing late then really

So, do i take **** into my own hands and bat the douchebag in the face with my 9 iron? I've got some awesome French bangers that would fit nicely through her letterbox. Or do i go down the legal route? Maybe dob her in to the police about possession and use of illegal substances that she has in her hand when answering the door?

Also worth mentioning that i've bought my place, and the scrote is renting hers, most likely through housing allowance as there is no way she works.

I'm cranky and want advice. Sensible or not

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
It's a pain. The council/landlord are probably the first course of action - the police might be interested. In my experience they have other stuff to deal with.

So, landlord/environmental people at the council - and it'll be a long slog.

Move?

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
One more thing.....don't be tempted to take matters into your own hands. Even if clearly provoked the law could come down hard on you.

A local scrote once pulled a knife on me, I disarmed him, dropped him and got someone to call the police.

My statement concluded that I dropped him and restrained him only because I was fearful he had another weapon on his person...........because having initially taken the huge kitchen knife off the toerag I really had no right to do what I did (especially since he received a tiny graze/bump in the process - and I mean tiny).

The little swine was telling the police that I was the violent nutter - fortunately for me they could see what was going on, there were witnesses and they helped me to provide a full and accurate statement which ensured I'd not get into any bother.

It's not worth the hassle.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Police won't be interested i bet, as you said they have more important things to deal with. Just a shame that the environmental protection agencies don't have more force under their belt to do something about this sort of thing

As for moving, no chance. It took me 18 months to get here, why the **** should i have to consider MASSIVE expense and headache for some ****** that scrounges off the average taxpayer

·
Premium Member
77,377 Posts
Yep - terrible predicament. Part of the problem these days is that the councils are sometimes moving people from their 'traditional' estates into rented accommodation pretty much anywhere.

Where I live they tore down and rebuilt some of the rough estates and moved families all over the town. Result was folk who were paying £500+ a month on mortgage alone were living next to idiots who did nowt but sup cider, smoke weed, fight, have sex loudly and scream/shout constantly.

Total sympathy here.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep - terrible predicament. Part of the problem these days is that the councils are sometimes moving people from their 'traditional' estates into rented accommodation pretty much anywhere.

Where I live they tore down and rebuilt some of the rough estates and moved families all over the town. Result was folk who were paying £500+ a month on mortgage alone were living next to idiots who did nowt but sup cider, smoke weed, fight, have sex loudly and scream/shout constantly.

Total sympathy here.
Thanks Steve

I just don't understand how someone can think it's appropriate to do this sort of thing between 4am and 6am on a Thursday night/Friday morning, it just doesn't make sense!!!

Friday/Saturday night perhaps, but on a ****ing weekday!?

Police have said that they can't do anything, local council just logged the call and said someone will be in touch which from previous experience is about 2 days later... fantastic

Just had a spark of genius, her fuseboard is located within the hallway that leads up to her front door. I can get into this without her knowing and "accidentally" flick her fuseboard off....;)

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
As has been said you need to go through the landlord and or council, threatening legal action if necessary!

Get as much evidence as you can, i.e. record everything you can and log all details of time and date etc.

Taking any sort or personal action and you will be viewed as the aggressor.

Sorry if this doesn't help but there is not much more you can do

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Smudge, I beleieve the police can do something if they get repeat complaints for the same person. If may take a while but if you keep calling them eventually they have to do something

·
Registered
107 Posts
Are you sure she isnt dealing from her flat?;)

A call to Crimestoppers or local plod station should suffice- especially when you mention children in the property.

Caveat: You may be woken up by her front door getting kicked in though!!

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Are you sure she isnt dealing from her flat?;)

A call to Crimestoppers or local plod station should suffice- especially when you mention children in the property.

Caveat: You may be woken up by her front door getting kicked in though!!
thumbs: she upset you so drop her in it :lol:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Only problem i have is that i don't have a sense of smell, so i can't tell if it's weed or not. Might just be rolled up cigarettes that i've seen her with

·
Registered
709 Posts
its a no win situation, as said already, no good going down the "take matters into your own hands" route.

but also just as bad, if you complain to the council/police and it goes on record, when you try to move or sell the property, the next potential buyer will see this record of noisy neighbour and decide not to buy your property or it will reduce your asking price by a lot.

my parents have this same problem with a psyco alcoholic lady from hell who plays music full blast at all hours of the morning, usually the same song over and over, calls the police every other day saying her hsband is beating her up, when really she is the one beating him up when she gets drunk, and to top it all off they have a huge bloody dog that they leave in the garden barking all hours.

To combat this, i bought my dad an electric guitar and a surround sound system, it's like a heavy metal showdown most nights now.

·
Registered
237 Posts
What a first class rant :lol:

Keep calling the police ( if nothing else its ten minutes they dont have to spend harrassing motorists), eventually they will have to do something, its just a pity that there is such an underclass of people allowed to live and breed amongst us, the most effective way to deal with her kind is unfortunately illegal.

E

·
0 Posts
What about the management agent? Assuming this is flats.

I had very similar with a couple of tossers that moved into the flat below me. Constans smell of weed, noise and the inability to shut doors without slamming them to the point things in my flat rattled.

Other than getting drunk the other week and at 1AM announcing I was home while slamming every door in my flat I didn't get around to doing anything :eek:

However I was considering getting on to the management company and asking them to contact the owner who was renting the flat out, as my concern was any direct action from me causing some kind of retaliation from a pair drugged up morons.

You may find though that eventually the biatch will get thrown out by her landlord, as this is what happened to those below me only this week. The first clue being the smell of airfreshener rather than weed in the strairs followed last night by them clearing out their stuff in a transit.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
If you can prove that she is smoking weed could you not phone social services and get her kids taken off her? I am sure that will make her re-assess her life.

L

·
0 Posts
The Police will never be interested and it is an issue for your Local council environment enforcement officer, like most councils you will probably find they no longer have a 24hr coverage by an officer and purely log calls out of office hours so you will need to record everything like MrShusky has said. You should be able to find details about all this on your local council website. If the flat is a local authority or association property they will normally be able to act fairly quickly but if not be prepared for a long slog to get it sorted. Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

B

·
0 Posts
Smudge her"Lifestyle" behaviour has not happened over night so
you should check & see if any earlier complaints about her are on record, if so
you may well have redress with the seller & their solicitors?

As for her children I think that's going a bit far, you can only feel sorry for them.

Good Luck Smudge ,as I know this can take over if you let it... so don't :thumbs:

M

·
0 Posts
A very difficult situation.

About 10 years ago, I had great neighbours, friendly, and not noisey. Then, the house was bought to let. The new people were a bloody nightmare!! Constantly arguing, loud music at all hours, kid crying at night etc. I went round there on many ocassions, but very quickly the noise would start again. One morning, the kid was crying, the Father(??)was out, and the Mother was seemingly having an arguement with herself??
I called the Police saying that I thought the child was in danger.....and I was genuinly concerned. An hour later the Police rolled up, and after 5 minutes inside, they drove off.

The general aggro carried on for a few months more until either the landlord got fed up of them, or they moved for other reasons.

The current occupiers are not as bad, but they are by no means perfect neighbours. Generally noisy, leave their dog in doors all day barking most of the time, used to (not so much now) get in drunk at the early hours being very noisey, and also used to have kariokee parties until 3am etc. I've never gone round to moan, because I honestly know that I would lose it, and I'm always aware of the fact that I'm out of the house all week with work, so the Alfa (for example) could be targeted. I dont think they would go that far, but you never know. As it is, when they are 'stupidly' noisey, I make sure that I put some heavy rock on the stereo at 'full' volume early on a Sunday.............it seems to get the mesage across.

Ultimately, whilst I see them as sub human scum, the worst that they have ever done to me is to keep me awake with their poxy parties, and in the grand scheme of things, it could be far worse.

I'd fight fire with fire mate........the daft bint will get the message...eventually.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts