Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi. a few weeks ago, i asked for help and opinions on chipping/remapping my 156 2.4 jtd. over the weekend i was out in a volvo 2.4 diesel with 167bhp - with five people in it, i couldn't believe the way it pulled. so, i'm almost convinced to go ahead and let angel tuning remap my car to produce approx. 175bhp - anyone with a similar remap done, have you experienced any problems with the clutch since having the work done? i've only heard of one guy locally who says he has had no bother and has done about 60,000 miles since having his car done (although he's not even sure how much extra his car has). an extra 35bhp is a 25 percent increase in power, it just seems quite a lot for the standard parts on the car to cope with.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dead on - at the minute the car has only done 38,000 miles and the clutch is fine. i realise it's a consumable item but i don't want to reduce its lifespan drastically. i take it the difference in performance (in terms of torque as much as in terms of power) is noticeable?

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
Well the lifespan will be directly related to how you drive it the remap won't specifically burn out the clutch unless you ride on it a lot and slam it up whilst on full throttle.

The extra torque is cetainly noticeable on the 1.9 it doesn't run out of puff so quickly as mentioned in the linked post it made me a lot happier with my JTD after GTA.

·
Registered
1,807 Posts
Quite! Consumption of tyres, clutches, brakes and every other item is as dependent on driving style as it is on tuning mods. Caress the controls like you would any other sensuous object and get the most out of her!

·
Registered
307 Posts
I have an Angel remap on my 159 and it's the best thing (other than diesel) to spend your money on. These guys know about Alfas and won't overtune your car. They give it several road tests and will not leave until you are happy with their work. If you change your mind (which you won't) they will even put it back to standard and give you a refund.

Just get it done and stop worrying.

·
Registered
76 Posts
valda said:
hi. a few weeks ago, i asked for help and opinions on chipping/remapping my 156 2.4 jtd. over the weekend i was out in a volvo 2.4 diesel with 167bhp - with five people in it, i couldn't believe the way it pulled. so, i'm almost convinced to go ahead and let angel tuning remap my car to produce approx. 175bhp - anyone with a similar remap done, have you experienced any problems with the clutch since having the work done? i've only heard of one guy locally who says he has had no bother and has done about 60,000 miles since having his car done (although he's not even sure how much extra his car has). an extra 35bhp is a 25 percent increase in power, it just seems quite a lot for the standard parts on the car to cope with.
Just let yourself be seduced by the volvo side..............

Buy a T5:D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ehhhhhhhh....i'm also a biker, so regarding buying a volvo........no thanks!!! (i'm still impressed by the oomph of the s60 though.)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts