Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I purchased an aftermarket Car Multimedia centre which is set up for the Brera, but when I took it to my local Alfa garage to have it swapped , they were unable to remove the old unit (original Alfa factory fitted double-din unit) using the appropriate release pins (they had a number of sets for different models) and so I am in the situation where I dont know what to do next . Having seen a few youtube vids showing how to make your own release pins I tried this and whilst the unit moved slightly, it still wouldnt come out. Any advice or similar experiences/suggestions? Grateful to all who read this.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Worst case scenario you can remove the entire centre console and try pushing the stereo out from behind.
But if the stereo moves slightly it's probably just a matter of using more force and not being afraid of breaking stuff. It could be some of the wires getting caught, which might give in or they might break...

Alternative one takes slightly longer but it's obviously the safer one.

·
Registered
199 Posts
I managed to pull the radionav unit with a threaded rod (M4) that I cut and bent. Had to pull quite hard. There also is an official tool which the dealers use.

·
Registered
Alfa 156 2,0 JTS SW, Brera 3,2 JTS Q4
36 Posts
Yep, as dksp said: If it is SatNav unit: M4 rods, bend them to have good grip thread rods in a bit, and then pull. First thought that it will not come out, but it did. Only satnav units come out with m4 threaded rods, others need different tools. When I took my new 2DIN unit out two days ago, I noticed, that if you push the release tools wrong way in, everything is stuck, including the release tools. Was not easy to get the tools out again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
in my case, I found the radio "chin" dings into the panel and gets stuck. May need to lift it up while pulling.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts