Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Know it's not everyone's favourite upgrade but I thought I'd share a picture of my attempt at fitting a double din headunit.

Quite happy with the results and how closely the LEDs on the unit match the original dash. The unit I bought is a Dynavin N6-6205. It has Sat Nav, Bluetooth etc.

A few nervy moments cutting the dash as there was a lot that needed to come out. An unexpected side affect of doing this is that the dash rattle I had is gone, assume it's because the dash isn't as rigid with as much plastic cut out of it.

There are various input leads which I have fed into the central storage box on top of the dash for easy access.

Happy to provide more details about leads etc to install if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looks good, I've just bought an Alpine unit to do a similar upgrade on mine.
Did you use the originals fascia and cut it or get a replacement with the double DIN hole already cut?

Also how easy is the fascia removal? I've not really looked at mine properly yet so any tips have have on the process would be appreciated.

Cheers

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good, I've just bought an Alpine unit to do a similar upgrade on mine.
Did you use the originals fascia and cut it or get a replacement with the double DIN hole already cut?

Also how easy is the fascia removal? I've not really looked at mine properly yet so any tips have have on the process would be appreciated.

Cheers
I bought a new panel as the old radio was wider than my new one so it wouldn't have looked good. The panel came with the relevant connects 2 adapter to change the wiring to standard iso. Think it was £200 all in from CarAudioDirect. Came with the steering wheel control interface as well.

Fascia comes off easy but I would recommend buying the plastic trim removal tools from eBay so you don't score it. Some G's have a screw holding the panel on and others don't. Look inside the glovebox and there should be a rubber plug you can remove on the top. Shine a torch in here and if there's a Torx screw remove it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I bought a new panel as the old radio was wider than my new one so it wouldn't have looked good. The panel came with the relevant connects 2 adapter to change the wiring to standard iso. Think it was £200 all in from CarAudioDirect. Came with the steering wheel control interface as well.

Fascia comes off easy but I would recommend buying the plastic trim removal tools from eBay so you don't score it. Some G's have a screw holding the panel on and others don't. Look inside the glovebox and there should be a rubber plug you can remove on the top. Shine a torch in here and if there's a Torx screw remove it.
Thanks for that.
So first on my to-do list is to repair the catch on the glove box so I can get in to take a look.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts