Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have just purchased a 147 Q2 and would like to replace the factory fit stereo with a JVC double din head unit. Firstly after removing the stereo and cup holder/card holder drawer unit I have noticed a bar that seperates the 2 that seems to be part of the apparture. can anyone tell me if I need to cut this out or if it comes out as part of something else?? Secondly I can connect the wire loom it's a simple plug and play!!! except for the steering controls. I need another cable that somehow incorporates this can anyone in this field help.
The stereo is a JVC KW-XR611

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
That bar has to be cut out, little unfortunate as when you come to sell the car you can't put your old system back in, well.... you could I suppose but it wouldn't fit very well.

No sure about an adapter for the steering wheel controls, can't say I've looked into an adapter cable for a JVC. They don't make it easy, I replaced my standard headunit (Blaupunkt) with a Balupunkt Woodstock DAB54 radio....even that need an adapter to keep the steering wheel controls, downside was I lost the interface to the dash display, mind you, it's been 3 years now... I've forgotten it was ever there.

Ask in the ICE lounge, someone may have done it with a JVC

All the best

Pub

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Yes, you'll need to cut out the crossbar.

You'll need to swap around the main powerwires; usually the supplied (JVC) harness has bullet terminals along the yellow/red wires to make this easy.

And you'll need a steering wheel control interface and patch lead. For example, the Connects2 CTSAR001 or 003, plus the CTJVC2LEAD or CTJVC3LEAD, depending on what type of plug the headunit has for the steering controls.

More details in this thread: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/ice-and-blue-and-me/153629-how-to-install-aftermarket-headunit-guide-147-156-and-gt.html

And look up the Connects2 website (or nexxia.co.uk) to check the patch lead.

:)

!Reported: to move to ICE forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts