Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at upgrading the standard head unit to a double din preferably with sat nav. From previous posts the Pioneer AVIC F910-BT is highly recommended but it is discontinued now so what is another good head unit that you can still buy? I still want the steering controls to work other than that just as long as it looks smart and works.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Just look at the modern equivalent avic f97(?)0, there is a thread in the stickies with all the bits you need

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Pioneer AppRadio 4 SPH?DA120

This is the one I just fitted. I use it with an iPhone 6s. Sat nav app is the Maps app. It works really well as a sat nav. Steering wheel controls work just as they always did and it's easy to fit.

Sound quality is good with standard speaker set up. Only downside is the lack of DAB. But at a cost of just under £500 for the head unit and all the extra bits you need to fit it. It's ok.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Been mulling which route to go with this as well - I want it to look original and not aftermarket fitted. So going to order this Android unit via Aliexpress.
No bezels or adaptor kits or patch leads for steering controls required - plug it in, fit it and off you go.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That android unit does come up a lot when I have searched (and helps because i have an android) but do you know if it is any good and to use the maps do you have to buy another sim card for the data?

·
Registered
186 Posts
That android unit does come up a lot when I have searched (and helps because i have an android) but do you know if it is any good and to use the maps do you have to buy another sim card for the data?
you can download any maps i use navfree works great

·
Registered
636 Posts
Been mulling which route to go with this as well - I want it to look original and not aftermarket fitted. So going to order this Android unit via Aliexpress.
No bezels or adaptor kits or patch leads for steering controls required - plug it in, fit it and off you go.
How is it a couple of months down the line?

Can you use it with blue & Me and the current built in microphone?

·
Registered
Alfa 166 Ti, Giulietta Veloce
345 Posts
I have the Pioneer AVIC F910-BT mentioned in the OPs original post and I don't rate it. The sat nav isn't too clever and it's not the greatest system but I guess it is a few years old now. it also makes annoying beeping noises when you use the steering wheel controls that I can't seem to turn off! I have been struggling to get my phone connected to it to play Spotify and after a bit of rooting around in the glovebox discovered that the USB lead had been disconnected and plugged into the adaptor for the I-pod. I disconnected it and plugged it back into the USB port built into the glove compartment but it still doesn't work so I think I am going to head down the new head unit route too and this one looks interesting so I will keep an eye on this thread.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts