Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is a bit of a moan, sorry, I am having problems finding the enthusiasm to sort out my 84 Sprint, not had it long and paid a bit too much....mostly the body is ok, needs new rear wheel arches, new n/s front wing and some general tidying up and is a bit of a rolling resto, however I am having problems with the carbs, I think air is being sucked in somewhere, i have re sealed both carbs but no joy, thinking it is the gasket between the head and the inlet manifold, I did try to take it off today but found that coolant leaked into the inlet manifold.....stupidly i didnt think where the coolant would go! got to drain it but run out of time this weekend. Later on I found that the front brakes have seized on, ugh more hassle, I cant even move it in my workshop now.:cry:
Moan over, words of encouragement gratefully recieved:thumbs:
Dave.

K

·
0 Posts
dave mate it is all worth the effort when you do get to drive it, and once it has all been put right and you have done it yourself, that's a great feeling :cool: keep your chin up mate, think of the smug smile you can have while all the numpties are out in their mundane same old boring cars ;)

·
Registered
2,986 Posts
Yes , you have a slow start but as you progress you will love it , wrong , you will adore the hole process..... it is fun to be one of the few to have such a car. i have one as a every day car and i love every klm i drove with her....

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I have a Mazda Atenza wagon as a company vehicle, and it looks OK and is technically better than my 33 in every way. It's comfortable, handles and rides well, has a great sound system, everything fits together and doesn't rattle, there's no rust etc.
But by the time it gets to the weekend I'm always longing to drive my 33. The Mazda's kitchen appliance engine and 4-speed automatic don't compare to the 33's muttering backfires, shakey idle, old car smell and general cartoonish character. Proof that you cannot replace these Alfas with a modern vehicle - you will lose the stupid grin factor.

K

·
0 Posts
I have a Mazda Atenza wagon as a company vehicle, and it looks OK and is technically better than my 33 in every way. It's comfortable, handles and rides well, has a great sound system, everything fits together and doesn't rattle, there's no rust etc.
But by the time it gets to the weekend I'm always longing to drive my 33. The Mazda's kitchen appliance engine and 4-speed automatic don't compare to the 33's muttering backfires, shakey idle, old car smell and general cartoonish character. Proof that you cannot replace these Alfas with a modern vehicle - you will lose the stupid grin factor.
well said ben, it's what keeps me sane driving a punto all week ;)
i just have to wait a while before i can have my weekends though :(

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, all is well again in my alfa world, all my jobs cancelled today so I had a whole day of fiddling with my Sprint, I made some new gaskets for the carb mounts and it is now all sealed up, a kind member on here came round with a speedo reading in MPH (mine is an import so still reads KMH) and he has a load of other bits he is going to email me about, I even got the handbrake to release so I could move it! I spent half an hour in my local motor factors ordering ignition parts so now I am in a good mood! I will post some pics soon.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts