Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sunday 5th June Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire

Hi Guys my names Azam and have owned many Alfas over the years.... I currently own an Alfa Gulietta Cloverleaf and a Mazda RX8 R3. I am actually a member of the RX8 owners club and part of their events team for Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire and also Devon/Cornwall.

I would be more than happy if we can get the numbers to make it viable organise a meet for a Sunday in which we would meet up, go for a drive in a convoy along a route I would plan out, stop off for coffees. refreshments etc and then continue in the convoy to a nice coastal location where we could all enjoy a pub style meal and get to know each other a bit more. With the RX8's ive had 20 cars in a convoy before

It would be open to anyone who would like to come, and like the RX8 events I organise you wouldn't need to own an Alfa if you wanted to come as long as your a fan of the Marque.

So what I would suggest is if I could gain peoples interest in this. Possible meeting points I have used in the past are Salisbury and Shaftesbury to give you an idea. People could also join us during the route if you wish too. For example in some of the RX8 meets, people have joined in at the stop off point for refreshments (e.g Fleet air museum).

So if anybody is up for this just post here and I will compile a list and if WE GET ENOUGH INTEREST, I can start looking at a date.

1. CLOVERLEAF159 + Claire (Gillingham, Dorset)
2. AlfaBliss (Devizes)
3. Spiderman_Steve (Weymouth)
4. AnthonyJohn (Gillingham, Dorset)
5. GTA Jimbo (Tisbury)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Well I'm over in Devizes, would definitely be up for summit. I've kinda lost touch with everyone since moving out here.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have been toying with the idea of approaching Weymouth & Portland Council to see if we can display our cars on the seafront like other car & motorcycle clubs do during the year. I even have contacts who can get preferable rates at the local caravan park. We could have a convoy and display over a weekend. Just a thought....
PS Dorset comes under the South Central banner on this forum

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's very helpful. Whatever ideas people have are most welcome. Thanks. Take it you would be up for a meet then? Could I put your name down on the list. If so where are you located :)

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm up for it if I'm available. I live in Weymouth and have a small place in the Cotswolds too :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Steve.... Yeah will see how many people we can get interested in this and then can work on dates and routes etc.... Cheers

Azam

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I tend to use the GT as an everyday car, (Stromboli Grey), I have Cup No. 50 which is a weekend 'toy', this is the same for the red 4C and the Spider.
Why not get in touch, perhaps we could meet ?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I am in Tisbury just outside Shaftesbury, so a good run out around Somerset, Wilts & Dorset sounds good.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The white 4C lives in Ansty just of the A30. It has now been wrapped in blue, red and white.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well we have 5 people down now including myself, so not a bad start. Thanks everyone...

Lets see if we can get a few more names down before we sort anything out.

Cheers

Azam

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Great idea, make that 5 + 1. Another GTA to keep Jimbo's 147 company :thumbup: I'm in Amesbury, north of Salisbury.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
I know Jim Price and Brett (both 147 GTAs) will be keen to join in if we can agree on a date.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Hi Guys my names Azam and have owned many Alfas over the years.... I currently own an Alfa Gulietta Cloverleaf and a Mazda RX8 R3. I am actually a member of the RX8 owners club and part of their events team for Dorset/Somerset/Wiltshire and also Devon/Cornwall.

I would be more than happy if we can get the numbers to make it viable organise a meet for a Sunday in which we would meet up, go for a drive in a convoy along a route I would plan out, stop off for coffees. refreshments etc and then continue in the convoy to a nice coastal location where we could all enjoy a pub style meal and get to know each other a bit more. With the RX8's ive had 20 cars in a convoy before

It would be open to anyone who would like to come, and like the RX8 events I organise you wouldn't need to own an Alfa if you wanted to come as long as your a fan of the Marque.

So what I would suggest is if I could gain peoples interest in this. Possible meeting points I have used in the past are Salisbury and Shaftesbury to give you an idea. People could also join us during the route if you wish too. For example in some of the RX8 meets, people have joined in at the stop off point for refreshments (e.g Fleet air museum).

So if anybody is up for this just post here and I will compile a list and if WE GET ENOUGH INTEREST, I can start looking at a date.

1. CLOVERLEAF159 + Claire (Gillingham, Dorset)
2. AlfaBliss (Devizes)
3. Spiderman_Steve (Weymouth)
4. AnthonyJohn (Gillingham, Dorset)
5. GTA Jimbo (Tisbury)
6. TOX1C (Amesbury)
7. Gardener_ GTA ( )
8. Oakley1971 (Fordingbridge)

1 - 20 of 170 Posts