Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any about?

Hi all... I see a good number of Alfas down here (specifically in the Sherborne/Yeovil area where I live) but I wondered if any of them are enthusiasts as I don't get any waves or flashes.

Would be good to get to know some locals perhaps to convoy to shows or just so I can say hello if I see you.

I drive a black 155 sport pack which is loud and driven enthusiastically :lol: , and I've attended spring alfa day and auto italia brooklands so far this year with the 155 boys.

Cheers, Dave. :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
Heya! Quite a few AO'ers down that way from what I can see!

·
Registered
442 Posts
The only ones from Somerset I know of are me and Ray (although I don't yet drive an Alfa :( ). Oh well, at least it's still Italian anyway. :D

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, yes im from Yeovil :) will watch out for you when im out and about :)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I'll keep an eye out for the both of you when I'm down your way :)

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello chaps. :)

Ray I don't think I've seen you about, but I'll keep an eye out for you.

Degu when are you getting an Alfa? Nothing wrong with a Fiat, my last car was a Fiat.

Hammy, I've had a look on the calendar and such, but I haven't noticed any south west meets coming up? Something simple like a run down to the coast with great roads and a pub lunch to me would be great. What are the chances of something like this happening over the summer?

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Blue 147 2.0 sele here. Live in Chard, work in Bridport, often in Dorchester and sometimes in Sherborne.

I wave at everyone, not a great success rate though.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Degu when are you getting an Alfa? Nothing wrong with a Fiat, my last car was a Fiat.
summer?
Well I heard some guy is thinking of buying a 147 from us so he'll be giving us his red 156 in part exchance, i'm trying to get a job at the moment so that I can hopefully buy it, apparently it's got low mileage and it's in great condition. It's in Alfa Red, I think it has light grey leather inside and it has a spoiler on it too.

Might be a bit expensive but hopefully I will be able to afford something as beautiful as this car sounds.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Ray I don't think I've seen you about, but I'll keep an eye out for you.

Hammy, I've had a look on the calendar and such, but I haven't noticed any south west meets coming up? Something simple like a run down to the coast with great roads and a pub lunch to me would be great. What are the chances of something like this happening over the summer?
There is a beach meet in the planning mate keep you eye on the South West lounge :thumbs:

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I heard some guy is thinking of buying a 147 from us so he'll be giving us his red 156 in part exchance, i'm trying to get a job at the moment so that I can hopefully buy it, apparently it's got low mileage and it's in great condition. It's in Alfa Red, I think it has light grey leather inside and it has a spoiler on it too.

Might be a bit expensive but hopefully I will be able to afford something as beautiful as this car sounds.
Sounds good. I see you're 19. Expensive insuring an Alfa at 19, I should know. :lol:

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
I live in Puddletown. I'm in Sherborne and Yeovil from time to time.

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Don't suppose you visit the Crown Hotel/Inn in Sherborne? See a 164 parked there occasionally.
Haven't done for a long time, so it's unlikely to be mine. My Grandad was in the nursing home at Culverhayes until he died last year and we often visited him in the QV. There is a guy with a 164 who lives up Marston Rd as well.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi, I'm in the Shaftesbury area (when not ploughing up and down the 303/M3!). I'll keep my eyes open for you all. :)

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
I'm originally from Bournemouth :) moved here to ireland 4 years ago..

I should be driving over either later this year or sometime next year, so I'll be hoping to make that visit fit in with an AOSW meet :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm originally from Bournemouth :) moved here to ireland 4 years ago..

I should be driving over either later this year or sometime next year, so I'll be hoping to make that visit fit in with an AOSW meet :thumbs:
Good man, we look forward to seeing you :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 94 Posts