Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been suffering from wind noise just off my shoulder on both doors. Now I know there is an adjustment that can be made to the window and I was about to do this but they way I understood it, it was the top of the glass that would get pressed against the seal but the base stays where it is, ergo, it didn't make sense to make this adjustment as the glass appears to fit flush all along the seal.

Shut the door last night but it looked as if it was not shut properly. On checking, I see that the door has latched but is off by about 3mm in respect of the body! WTF? I thought...

The doors have always sounded a bit loose when shutting, not making a solid connection with the catch and upon inspection, it seems that my catches have slipped on both sides. It uses a torx head screw and is easily adjustable so now my doors close with a nice solid clunk and guess what? No more wind noise!!!

OMG A QUICK FIX IN AN ALFA AND NO SCUFFED KNUCKLES!!!!!!!!!

My car loves me... :thumbs: :D

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:lol: Next time you hit a bump your doors will fall off:lol:
Just thinking that about 5 minutes ago riding over some speed bumps.... :lol:

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey guys

I need to remedy my wind noise problem, and unfortuately it's not my catches :( I've read Jamie's guide on how to do remedy it. My question is that he speaks of two possible fixes - one vertical (travel), one horizontal (angle).

Has anybody had to do both? Which one is it most likely and which should I try first?

Regards
Scheimann

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hi Scheimann,

I already had a job that required the door card to be removed on the GTV (floppy door handle syndrome) so I figured I'd sort the drivers side wind noise out at the same time.

Chances are (unless you are v.lucky) it will need a vertical adjustment. Although I played with both horizontal and vertical adjusments.

Really it is best with trial and error. The best advice I can give for this job is to NOT refit the door card straight away - keep going for quick test spins until you are happy with the wind noise.

Then Refit the door card!! This saves so much time.

Both the vertical and horizontal movement was adjusted and now the windows are as good as they will ever get for this system. Although as always the old windows down an inch then back up again before setting off makes the situation even better.

Thanks.

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,411 Posts
^^
Yep as above, a fiddly sort of trial and error job.

Before refitting the door card fully just put it in place with a couple of screws and ensure that EVEYRTHING works, including locking with the key. I found that if the Bowden Cable that connects the interior handle is not in just the right place the locks appear to be completely seized, took me hours to figure this one out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts