Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does anyone now what the long plastic strip is called that the rubber door seel slides onto ,mines broken and keeps catchin everytime I get in the car ,has anyone got one for sale or know where I can get one thanks

·
Registered
413 Posts
Door seal retaining strip or channel? They were available separately when I purchased some a couple of years back. (From Alfashop).

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
They are still available as separate pieces, make sure you state driver or passenger side as although the hard plastic runners are the same, the rubbers outers have different ends depending on left or right.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Brilliant thread and partsworld reference. Drivers side ordered and on it's way. Much cheaper than buying both the channel and the rubber from EB's spares especially as its the channel that has come away. Rubber is fine.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I found that clear silicone sealent is a good way of keeping the plastic trim in place and stopping it splitting

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi
Yes just place the plastic trim in place and then squeeze some sealant down both sides of the trim and wipe off the excess and the trim stays firmly in place and doesn't fracture. Being clear sealant you can't see it once the rubber is in place.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts