Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking at my flapping about B post door seals. Although one had the back channel on it albeit split at both ends it was actually on backwards. So have cut that down as per a previous post and managed to temp fix rubber at either end now. The other side had just been glued on, however both the rubbers are the same sided. Should the wedged edge be inwards or outwards? and are there any companies to avoid when sourcing a pair of replacements?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The rubber end section should slope backwards and have a double-sided sticky pad to attach it to the body. They are left and right hand 'sided' so make sure you order the correct one. Should still be available from dealers but would be wise to stock up as I expect that one day they won't be available any more. When attaching, put the hard plastic rail onto the car first and then slide the soft rubber onto it. The cut-out at one end of the hard plastic rail has to register into the rubber 'stop' at the top

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, whilst playing with it I could see the rail should have gone into the end cap,not only was it backwards it was upside down as-well. So it looks like I have two passenger side rubbers in use on the car. I am going to order a pair anyway. Now I know which way to fit them.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
Spider door seal

They are about £23-£25. I replaced the driver's door outer seal. Not a great fit or maybe our car. The door stay pin (not sure of it's proper name) catches the top of the seal when opening/closing.

however I replaced it because the top of the previous seal was damaged. Maybe it is our car.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
The last 3-5mm of sliding down the outer soft rubber should result in an extremely tight 'flush fit', I usually get it to this stage before peeling off the sticky pad backing paper.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
They are about £23-£25. I replaced the driver's door outer seal. Not a great fit or maybe our car. The door stay pin (not sure of it's proper name) catches the top of the seal when opening/closing.

however I replaced it because the top of the previous seal was damaged. Maybe it is our car.
Bought a pair on eBay this morning for £35. Genuine items rubbers and channels bnib collected them today on my travels. Little job for Friday.

·
Registered
13,688 Posts
The last 3-5mm of sliding down the outer soft rubber should result in an extremely tight 'flush fit', I usually get it to this stage before peeling off the sticky pad backing paper.
I've been pushing it as hard as I can :lol:
I think I'll take it off and re do it with new double sided sticky pad. Not much confidence though.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
its fiddly but possible i had several attempts before getting it just right, make sure its all the way down or else its seal wont be perfect

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been pushing it as hard as I can :lol:
I think I'll take it off and re do it with new double sided sticky pad. Not much confidence though.
After much playing about with these today, I have now finally left them on the "wrong" sides. They seem a better fit with the fat edge outwards and the top of the rubber is flush/level with the bodywork. I've not taken the cover off the sticky pads as yet in case they have to be swapped back over. Getting the top to locate for me was. Fit runner, slide rubber on and down till you get to the tricky bit. Then slide the runner up a bit, hook the end over and slide the lot back down.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts