Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did all Giuliettas come with door puddle lights? Did a search and it seems that some came with 2 and some came with 4 but I didn't see any mention of spec.

I was looking at a 2016 Super spec Giulietta JTDM2 yesterday but didn't think to check for the puddle lights. Unfortunately, the same car comes with black plastic foot sills (not sure of the right name for these). I wonder can these be changed out for aluminium ones?

·
Registered
42,170 Posts
The metal scuff trims fit over the black sill moulding. I had illuminated inserts fitted to my previous Giulietta, a 2011 Lusso. They are wired up the A pillars to the interior lamp so quite a labour charge to fit. Not sure if you can buy the non-illuminated inserts on their own.
The puddle lights on the rear doors were costed out at some point even on expensive versions. Probably 2014?

·
Registered
794 Posts
They have also removed the wiring loom from the rear doors that would have powered the rear puddle lights on the latest model. Mines a 2017 and although theres a place on the underside of the rear door cards for the puddle lights to fit into, but theres no wires to connect up to. Earlier models just had the lights removed but the wiring is still there if you want to retro fit them.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I never had a base model but I never saw the lights listed as a feature additional to the base model.
I'll take it that they were standard across the board then. We're collecting our 2016 Giulietta Super on Saturday but just wasn't sure if that model had them. I'd say it does based on yer knowledge though.

·
Registered
2012 2.0 JTDM2 Veloce
428 Posts
Did all Giuliettas come with door puddle lights? Did a search and it seems that some came with 2 and some came with 4 but I didn't see any mention of spec.

I was looking at a 2016 Super spec Giulietta JTDM2 yesterday but didn't think to check for the puddle lights. Unfortunately, the same car comes with black plastic foot sills (not sure of the right name for these). I wonder can these be changed out for aluminium ones?
My 2012 Veloce has all 4.
:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.