Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.
My daughter has recently purchased a 156. The problems with the ignition-key were sorted (touch wood) with the help of a break-down mechanic. After a long trip with two young boys in the back, she found that one of the rear windows would not work at all and the other is stuck half-way. The motor on that one appears to be trying, but only moves the window a very short way; even with assistance from me. A friend has suggested that the cables may be twisted, as he had that problem with his wife,s Picasso.
I have removed many door panels before, but cannot find out how to remove these. A work-shop manual has been ordered, but may take days to arrive and, as my daughter is worried about security, any help would be appreciated.
TedtheElder

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's quite easy from my exproence. Although I don't know much about the windows ... I replaced my rear door handle on my156.

There is a step by step on the form some where - from memory it's

1) remove screw begin inside door handle and behind astray
2) remove blots under rumber Matt off the mid way well and then that should clip out of the door card.
3) remover speaker grill (just pops off)
4) remove blots and remove speaker itself
5) removing the speaker exposes more screws to undo

Then carefully pull the panel away from the door. There are plastic lugs that pull out from the metal of the door.

Don't for get you will need to in clip the electrics - mine had a manuall window so I don't know alot but I guess there could be a risk the the connection may fall into the door paneling once uncliped and be a pain to get back - so I'd be carefull not to loose any wiring.

Hope that makes sense -

·
Registered
754 Posts
Had similar problems on my SW's rear windows. Once the trim panel is off you should be able to round the motor and runner with either WD40 or a bit of spray grease. They stick after a while of not being used. You can put silicone spray in the channel at either end or the window as we - it's really just a case of keeping them moving. If she's going to use them regularly they should be ok after a bit. The how-to on here is very good - I can do mine unless than 40 mins for both sides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Mike.
Your first reply a bit vague for me, but the other one looks like a a winner!
Off to my daughter's home now, to see if can do it.
Thanks a lot. Ted

1 - 5 of 5 Posts